Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sacked for driving like this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd also lock up whoever sub-edited that Argus piece in the OP. Have they offshored it rather than just moving it to Southampton?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
If the police don't follow through and throw the book at him then there is something seriously wrong, the driver is a complete reckless, tiny minded, ignorant moron who should not have a driving licence in any capacity.

The only thing I would say in his favour is that by cutting out the roundabout he is saving fuel and therefore his action could be deemed "environmentally friendly".

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I see worse than that pretty much every day when on the road... Not sure why this particular incident is news worthy? The guy was still driving like a dickhead though and probably deserved to be sacked.

Remind me not to drive anywhere near you! You is one unlucky dude.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Every time that footage is shown on the news I think of the stupid mini roundabout on the way out of Newhaven on the C7. 'There but for the grace...' and all that...

UrbanGull

Apr 15, 2015
I feel sorry for the people of Turners Hill - A real Rat Run of a place for people trying to get into or out of Crawley, although as one of the people that drive through it every day maybe I'm being a bit hypocritical. I've had this particular manoeuvre performed twice on me at the same roundabout in the last year, although both times in the early hours of the morning however it just seems to be happening more and more at these small roundabouts. I hope they make an example of this driver and throw the book at him

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has he been offered a new job yet , driving buses in Brighton & Hove ?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
We had this very same local Demolition/ Muck removal Company on our site recently & most of the Drivers barely spoke English so its no surprise to me that he goes round the roundabout the wrong way.

drew,all i am saying is alot of drivers are on Tonnage the more you do the more money you CAN earn. I am not defending him for one moment.

Excactly. They used to drive like madmen around site too, just so they could get as many return loads as possible each day.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
One of Sean Connery's first films was called Hell Drivers. Looks like these drivers are reliving the plot.

https://youtu.be/NV9Vs9tOEaI

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whatever the rights or wrongs of whether sacked or not due to the driving offence. I see the main issue as the vigilante driver who decided to take their dash cam footage to the police.
What next community patrols both by vehicles and pedestrians armed with cameras to create no-go areas with selective information passed to the Police.
Not content with the highest proportion of CCTV cameras we are now slipping into a new world where everyone is snooping on everyone else, which has echoes of facist Germany and communist Russia.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Because a lot of people need to be at their destination 3 minutes ago with a me first everybody else later attitude.

i'm a bit sad i like to get to my job a hour early, so if i need to be onsite at 0830 i would be there at 0730 because i hate being late and like to relax with least amount of traffic and idiots like that.
to many people these days think that they own the roads with their cars/vans and they can just use it like it wont be hit.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Whatever the rights or wrongs of whether sacked or not due to the driving offence. I see the main issue as the vigilante driver who decided to take their dash cam footage to the police.
What next community patrols both by vehicles and pedestrians armed with cameras to create no-go areas with selective information passed to the Police.
Not content with the highest proportion of CCTV cameras we are now slipping into a new world where everyone is snooping on everyone else, which has echoes of facist Germany and communist Russia.

Are you serious ? Someone witnesses driving that falls far below standard and could have resulted in a serious accident, has video footage and you want them to keep schtum ?
Personally I'm glad the police have the footage and I hope it leads to a successful prosecution and the removal of this ******** from driving for a significant time.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I had a road rage incident this morning. Totally avoidable if the motorcyclist didn't believe he owned the road.

I don't take kindly to being hit at 0800 in the morning when I face a whole day of that. Decided a fight on Dyke Road wasn't the best start to the day, so stayed cool and left him to drive off after he had parked up in front of me to stop me moving.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Do you have a problem with Neighbourhood Watch?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

On the day Barry Meyer has been jailed for three and a half years for causing death by careless driving I don't think you'll have much support for your point of view.

If someone had captured this idiot earlier on camera and reported him then maybe, just maybe, Alan Neve would still be alive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32740736

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Stop all this namby pampy retake a test. He knew what he was doing, so a 2 year prison sentence would suit me fine.

This with Bells on
Bloke drove like an utter c**t with no regard for anyone at all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Idiot.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What i would add is around here (Staffordshire/Derbyshire) road haulage like Tipper trucks appears to be paid on Tonnage,where as Tankers (the big stuff) is set rate. It,s all Quarry stone/sand or cement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here