Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sack hypia please

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nobody can be convinced by his start here. Difficult decision, do you stick and hope for improvement or act quickly and sack then hope his replacement does a better job.

Quite worried now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Nobody can be convinced by his start here. Difficult decision, do you stick and hope for improvement or act quickly and sack then hope his replacement does a better job.

Quite worried now.

It's odd isn't it, because he joined with such an impressive management track record.

Oh.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How many games does he think he has? Two more defeats maybe?

It's dependent on the nature of the performances as well. Despite possession, today was shocking.

A few more intelligent through balls and let's do what Boro did today and turn defence into attack faster rather than faff about at the back.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes they are, and we are awful.
How things change in be summer !

And that's precisely it. Things can change. I believe this team can perform, but confidence is getting knocked game by game.

I'm not in a Hyppia out brigade, but even he must know that even if the writing isn't on the wall, then the graffiti cans are certainly being lined up in a row.

Come on Sami. Sort it out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The players don't seem to have a clue what they are doing. Hyypia and Jones need to go ASAP so we can try and salvage something from this season.

There was a moment in the second half when most of the left sided players asked the bench what to do, Hyypia just sat there and jones had to tell them. Pretty sure at 2 down the manager should take the responsibility.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Rumour going round HYPIA will be sacked after Huddersfield if we lose. Calderon will be a temporary manager for Rotherham game. Here's hoping.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Rumour going round HYPIA will be sacked after Huddersfield if we lose. Calderon will be a temporary manager for Rotherham game. Here's hoping.

Bollocks. Calde don't have the qualifications for a start and the club don't operate that way (using the rumour mill) any more.

I don't think Sami is making the best of what we've got, but what we've got is the main problem. O'Grady and Baldock were two clueless signings and Stockdale looks an utter bombscare. Will the board let him get rid of these players and replace them with quality? That's the bigger question rather than scapegoating Sami. As it is, Sami is being too rigid in sticking with a system that hasn't produced the goods - the 4-4-2 of Boro today showed the tactical flexibility of a better manager who will sometimes play with one upfront - the tactical flexibility doesn't seem there with Sami, but the bottom line is that's he's shuffling a lot of underwhelming options.

I'd prefer the board spent money on a decent striker than a compo package for Sami.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm looking forward to league 1 next season. I think this squad could do well in that league, maybe even challenge for promotion.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I'm waiting for this board's reaction when Hyypiä is sacked, and nothing changes.

Decency would dictate an egg-face festival -- but it will never happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here