Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SA v Eng 4th Test official thread

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yup, that'll be that for the day. This is due to happen for the remainder of the match.

I'd piss myself if we manage to get out of this with a draw. Completely spanked throughout the series but come away with a win.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Absolutely hammering it down. I can't see them coming out again today.

oh the irony if smith staying in prevented kallis coming out and doing real damage in a much quicker fashion so that it costs them the test*

*please note that Daryl Harper would not have heard the sound of hopeless straw clutching in that last comment as the local broadcaster NSC decided that sound and moving pictures were not an important element of 3rd umpire decision making

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yup, that'll be that for the day. This is due to happen for the remainder of the match.

I'd piss myself if we manage to get out of this with a draw. Completely spanked throughout the series but come away with a win.

The ultimate smash and grab raid. :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Agnew on twitter...

Aggerscricket SABC defends itself: Harper's volume control was on 4 out of 10. He didn't turn it up. Edge audible when turned up

then

Aggerscricket Still doesn't entirely add up in that SABC commentators and viewers couldn't hear it either....

edi, and now..

Aggerscricket SABC: everyone gets same sound feed. They do what they want with it. SKY has it high, SABC comms low. Harper's on 4/10 (has been all series)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Agnew on twitter...

Aggerscricket SABC defends itself: Harper's volume control was on 4 out of 10. He didn't turn it up. Edge audible when turned up

then

Aggerscricket Still doesn't entirely add up in that SABC commentators and viewers couldn't hear it either....

edi, and now..

Aggerscricket SABC: everyone gets same sound feed. They do what they want with it. SKY has it high, SABC comms low. Harper's on 4/10 (has been all series)

Sums up what a joke the system is then. Is is not regulated by that marvellous organisation known as the ICC??

I will watch the highlights on Supersport (SA equivalent of Sky - separate commentators) to see what they have to say, cos they have the sound up high as well. Only downside to Supersport is you have to listen to Boycott.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yes you can hear the thunder on the radio.

Guess England will be hoping that the only things on the pitch for the rest of the game will be hippos.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone still want video replays brought in for football ?

(sorry, thats for another thread)

But this is precisely why I think video replays are a terrible idea in football. Yesterday, there were countless replays of the 'no ball' incident and today it's the Smith catch. Despite the technology being available, people are still moaning that the wrong decisions were made.

Cricket has natural pauses so video replays don't disrupt too much - football doesn't. Is it really worth breaking the rhythm of football to watch replays which, as this thread clearly shows, do nothing to rid a sport of wrong decisions?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
''Test Match Special, along with several other sources, are now stating that the referral fiasco was explicitly umpire Harper's fault. Apparently he did not realise that he had a volume control switch in his booth, and had failed to turn up the noise when he was confronted with silent footage. Quite simply: d'oh, and double d'oh. ''

This isn't the fault of the technology, it's the fault of Daryl f***ing Harper. AGAIN.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
''Test Match Special, along with several other sources, are now stating that the referral fiasco was explicitly umpire Harper's fault. Apparently he did not realise that he had a volume control switch in his booth, and had failed to turn up the noise when he was confronted with silent footage. Quite simply: d'oh, and double d'oh. ''

This isn't the fault of the technology, it's the fault of Daryl f***ing Harper. AGAIN.

Looking forward to the statements from SA TV and the ICC later

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:facepalm:

How the f*** does a professional umpire manage that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here