Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SA v Eng 4th Test official thread

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Can someone tell me, in short if possible, what's happened?

Smith nicked a ball from Sidearse which was then caught. Umpire said not out, England reviewed straight away. The replays that Sky showed clearly highlight the noise of the nick. Turns out the SA TV feed for the 3rd umpire was video only, no sound.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Its a f***ing disgrace is what it is, how can this happen in PROFESSIONAL cricket, it just isn't on.

Smith can f*** off, if he wants to win the game that badly that he cheats I find that extremely sad myself.

Isn't this a result of the review system though? He gets a lucky break cos the onfield umpire does not give him out, so they leave it to the 3rd umpire. Smith then gets another lucky break because SA TV does not have all the gadgets and gismos (or sound, apparantly), that Sky and Channel 9 do. The review system has been put in place to get the right decisions, so if two sets of umpires still get it wrong, is it really up to Smith to walk? Like others have said. Atherton never walked and he is not respected here because of it. No-one likes Smith the world over anyway, so he is hardly losing "face" because of this!! You either have the complete review system including snicko and hotspot or have nothing at all, imo.

Smith desparately wants to win. His captaincy is under the spotlight and I think he would lose it if SA do not draw this series. SA build themselves up and believe the hype that they are better than Australia. It would be the ultimate embarrassment to lose a series to a slightly better than average England team, at home.

Still, at least Smith is not with Minki anymore (or rumour has it, she wants him back :down:)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Smith nicked a ball from Sidearse which was then caught. Umpire said not out, England reviewed straight away. The replays that Sky showed clearly highlight the noise of the nick. Turns out the SA TV feed for the 3rd umpire was video only, no sound.

which in itself is one thing if the 3rd umpire knew he was getting no sound. However the incompenent Daryl is heard on the link to the umpires saying, 'I don't hear any sound as the ball passes the bat' which means he was expecting something. What should have given it away to him was also not hearing Prior in a slow motion shout of;
'yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss oooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeee'

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Graeme Smith, No 4 batsman in the current ICC world rankings... 103*

Back-to-back test hundreds.

Well batted - a real captain's knock.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Graeme Smith, No 4 batsman in the current ICC world rankings... 103*

Back to back test hundreds.

Well batted.

Except for the fact he should have been out on 15 and he knows it, pure incompetence got him his hundred, cheating shit stain. :wanker:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here