This just made me laugh.

''31.1
Broad to Amla, 5 runs

Broad comes back into the attack, he has been the best of the pacemen today.'/

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is making the decision to bat look a tad ridiculous.

Get Swann on FFS, need a change of pace. Ooh he is on.

I'll tell you why I don't like Sidebottom. It's because he's f***ing pointless without a swinging ball and just isn't quick enough. Plus he's calmed down to much and doens't go head spastic at the batsmen anymore. POINTLESS CRICKETER.
And his hair, Max. Don't forget his stupid hair.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That lack of sound on the replay for Smith's review could quite easliy have lost England this test match.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I don't see how this different from Atherton versus Donald at Trent Bridge in 1998. Atherton clearly gloved the ball and was given not out. I deplore the trend in not walking but to claim that it's something that South Africa do and England don't is far from the case.

I saw a replay of that yesterday with interviews and Atherton said he knew he gloved it but never walked in his career and doesn't apologise for that. He says he would always allow the umpire to make the decision. Sounds a bit of a knob to me but hey ho.

The next phase of cricket from Donald that day was some of the most ferocious I've ever seen. Can't see Sidebottom being like that here

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's going to be quite a bit of fallout after the Smith review. England could be given a review back and the SABC are being told to report to the match referee at lunch.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Its a f***ing disgrace is what it is, how can this happen in PROFESSIONAL cricket, it just isn't on.

Smith can f*** off, if he wants to win the game that badly that he cheats I find that extremely sad myself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There's going to be quite a bit of fallout after the Smith review. England could be given a review back and the SABC are being told to report to the match referee at lunch.
I hope you're wrong. If we lose this, it won't be because of that. It'll be because we batted like twats in the first inning.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I hope you're wrong. If we lose this, it won't be because of that. It'll be because we batted like twats in the first inning.

as opposed to twatted like bats?

on second thoughts might be more appropriate

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Its a f***ing disgrace is what it is, how can this happen in PROFESSIONAL cricket, it just isn't on.

Smith can f*** off, if he wants to win the game that badly that he cheats I find that extremely sad myself.
Atherton saved a test match by not walking when Donald had him caught behind.

It's always gone on. I guess that this is particularly bad because Smith is such a unlikable cock in the first place.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Atherton saved a test match by not walking when Donald had him caught behind.

It's always gone on. I guess that this is particularly bad because Smith is such a unlikable cock in the first place.

all we need is to see smith with some earth in his pocket, rubbing it on the ball for the cheating comparison to be complete :D

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's not the fact that Smith didn't walk though, it's the fact that he clearly knicked it and IF Harper had the replay with sound as opposed to the one the SABC gave him without sound then he would have been given out. Now he's there, when he shouldn't be, and will probably go on to bat England out of the game.

We may have batted very poorly but it's decisions like the Smith one that can really change a game (and arguably the Cook no ball in the first innings). The technlogy is available and not being used and ruining this game now.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I guess that this is particularly bad because Smith is such a unlikable cock in the first place.

Spot on, although Iron Mike was always a bit DULL too IMHO - although he does like his gambling and has written a book about it. :winner:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Agree with Chappers, it's not about Smith himself. It's the lack of sound given to the 3rd umpire that negates the whole review purpose and as such the result of the test match.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can someone tell me, in short if possible, what's happened?

England have been bowled out for 180.

South Africans are now pissing all over us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here