Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SA v Eng 4th Test official thread

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Shaun is Peter's son and Graeme's nephew

For those who are too young to remember, Graeme Pollock was a very, very, very fine batsman. Second behind Bradman in the all-time averages list (some way behind), he could make good bowlers look like mugs.

But for the SA government, selectors and the D'Oliveira business happening when it did, who knows what Graeme Pollock could have achieved before he retired? I think he was cut short in his prime.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But for the SA government, selectors and the D'Oliveira business happening when it did, who knows what Graeme Pollock could have achieved before he retired? I think he was cut short in his prime.

Right, He 'retired' from test cricket at the age of 26 and when you consider that he had played all his tests but one against Australia and England (no gimmes there) and played on uncovered wickets, his record is remarkable. He didn't even reach his peak, who knows what he'd have done.

Best batsman I've ever seen - better even than the Richards boys

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barry Richards lived next door to my wife when she was a little girl, here in Chandlers Ford.

FACT.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
England in the mood this morning. Sidearse was convinced he had Smith caught behind, but HARPER said no, and the 3rd umpire agreed with him (no hotspot or snickometer)

Very next over, and Broad snared Prince. 38/1 now...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sidearse was convinced he had Smith caught behind, but HARPER said no, and the 3rd umpire agreed with him (no hotspot or snickometer)

Harper IS the 3rd umpire.

Davis and Hill are the men in the middle.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot believe Smith wasn't given out there. I can believe Smith didn't walk because he needs to win the match and is a massive bastard. Queries over the sound quality of the recordings Harper heard. Disgusting decision.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
0901: SA 67-1
Update on Harpergate - apparently the TV feed he watched the Smith replay on didn't have sound. Who turned the volume down? Unmask this monstrous meddler, I say, and have him paraded round the outfield, dragging three giant screens behind him, while ace-armed fielders use him as tomato target practice. Sidebots swings gently in to Amla, and the biggest beard in Test cricket blocks and leaves.

f***ing cheating aussie c unt.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Cheating aussie c#nt, Smith is a tosser as well, doesn't suprise me though, the saffers are known for being cheating gits. :rant: :angry:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
0901: SA 67-1
Update on Harpergate - apparently the TV feed he watched the Smith replay on didn't have sound. Who turned the volume down? Unmask this monstrous meddler, I say, and have him paraded round the outfield, dragging three giant screens behind him, while ace-armed fielders use him as tomato target practice. Sidebots swings gently in to Amla, and the biggest beard in Test cricket blocks and leaves.

f***ing cheating aussie c unt.

Not happy. Who is responsible for the feed? The SA TV network?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Cheating aussie c#nt, Smith is a tosser as well, doesn't suprise me though, the saffers are known for being cheating gits. :rant: :angry:

Amazing;of all the Palace insults I've read on NSC no-one has accused us of being cheats, or even f***ing cheats....

Can we "twin" at Selhurst Park with SA?:lol:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is making the decision to bat look a tad ridiculous.

Get Swann on FFS, need a change of pace. Ooh he is on.

I'll tell you why I don't like Sidebottom. It's because he's f***ing pointless without a swinging ball and just isn't quick enough. Plus he's calmed down to much and doens't go head spastic at the batsmen anymore. POINTLESS CRICKETER.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No sound on the replays? YOU WHAT?

England need to be putting a big complaint in about that if true.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I don't see how this different from Atherton versus Donald at Trent Bridge in 1998. Atherton clearly gloved the ball and was given not out. I deplore the trend in not walking but to claim that it's something that South Africa do and England don't is far from the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here