Ryder cup sing songs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
I've just recieved my tickets for Valhalla and I'm about to wet my pants.
All six days and I'm sure a ton of Euro in attendance.
The best chant last time out had to be. "You've got Walt Disney, we've got Montgomery"
As Monty is very doubtfull we're going to have to come up with some new material to wind up the yanks.

Ofcourse the old chestnuts like "Can we play you every week", "Ryder cup, your havin a laugh" and "You've only got one song" will no doubt be avalable.
Any colour outfit that we may turn out in could be greeted with a rousing "Mr Faldo's [Salmon, Asparagus, Misty buff or Cream of Leek] army"
Any suggestions?
Anyone on here going?

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Nobody going then?

Chubby Kenny Perry, he loves his Ben and Jerry lalalala,lalalala etc.

That culture dodger Boo Weekley will be playin.There has to be a chant there surely.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have a great time. I was there for every day of the Oakland Hills one, and it was the best sports event I've ever attended.

Not sure about songs to wind the Yanks up, though. I never heard anything like that over there. I think you get a better class of spectator for the 'away' ones. There's no reason to wind them up anyway - we found that to a man [and woman] the American supporters were charming and welcoming, so wouldn't have felt the inclination. If you feel the need to rub it in, its actually much more fun to PATRONISE them than wind them up anyway :thumbsup:

Here's a little money making tip for you, for when youre sat in a greenside grandstand in view of one of the big screens. Buy one of the little Official Ryder Cup FM radios. They were only a few dollars. Now here's the thing - they are pre-set to the frequency to hear the NBC coverage to go with the pictures on the screens, but the BBC kindly broadcst their radio 5 coverage locally, for the benefit of the Brits out there, so you can re-tune it to that. The Americans [and this is the VITAL bit] don't know this.

As you'll know, the commentary on golf is fairly random, in the order that they show stuff - they'll record somebody's putt, while something else is going on, then play it as 'live' a minute or two later.

Thus, quite often NBC, will be showing somebody's putt on the screens, two minutes after you've just heard them hole it on the BBC coverage. So as Mickelson's lining up an easy four-footer that you know he misses, turn to the yank next to you that you've been chatting with "I bet you ten dollars he misses".

There is a killing to be made, and MUCH hilarity. Just make sure you deliberately lose one or two to keep them interested, and buy them a beer or two.

Enjoy.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Thanks for the tip Hans, I'll give that a go.
Also have a few T shirts made up to cover drinking costs. Europe on tour with flag on the back, Ryder cup. Avit! on the front and the dogs bollocks on the sleave.
"Charming" to describe the yanks? We will be in Kentucky, need I say more? and they were not exactly charming at Brookline.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I know all about the poor behavior at Brookline, but I speak as I see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports