17:47: Snedeker v Lawrie

17:58: D Johnson v Colsaerts

18:09: Z Johnson v McDowell

18:20: Furyk v Garcia

18:31: Dufner v HansonAS

18:42: Kuchar v Westwood

18:53: Stricker v Kaymer

19:04: Woods v Molinari

These are my predictions and I think I'm being very optimistic! Think we'll pull it back a bit at the start but they have too many players on good form to overcome.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
19/9 enjoy

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
17:03 BST: Watson v Donald - Europe

17:14: Simpson v Poulter - Europe

17:25: Bradley v McIlroy - Europe

17:36: Mickelson v Rose - Europe

17:47: Snedeker v Lawrie - US

17:58: D Johnson v Colsaerts - Europe

18:09: Z Johnson v McDowell - Draw

18:20: Furyk v Garcia - US

18:31: Dufner v Hanson - US

18:42: Kuchar v Westwood - US

18:53: Stricker v Kaymer - Draw

19:04: Woods v Molinari - Europe

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
So do. But this just isn't our weekend.

I agree but surely our luck must come today? How many putts did we mis yesterday, Liped out etc and all their putts from 3 yards to 40 yards just went in. Today the tables must be reversed and the rub of the green favours us, theres me hoping :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree but surely our luck must come today? How many putts did we mis yesterday, Liped out etc
The US have played better, and had the rub of the green, but we don't get the rub now, that's not how it works. Our job now is the same as when supporting Sussex cricket. On that note:

Today, the US will probably become the first team to win every point in the singles.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
The US have played better, and had the rub of the green, but we don't get the rub now, that's not how it works. Our job now is the same as when supporting Sussex cricket. On that note:

Today, the US will probably become the first team to win every point in the singles.

No chance of them winning every point, no chance. I'll buy you a pint for the rest of your life at football if that happened.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No chance of them winning every point, no chance. I'll buy you a pint for the rest of your life at football if that happened.
You're crap at reverse psychology.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I did not watch yesterdays play, which I now regret. Not just because we were getting spanked in the morning play, but mainly the American crowd cheering poor shots and the constant whooping and USA USA was making my piss boil.
Really pleased we came back towards the end of the afternoon play to set up an interesting singles.
I still favour America, but now anything can happen, but we MUST do well in the first 3 or 4 games as this will silence the crowd and make the yanks nervous and they have been known to crumble in this situation and being at home can turn against them.
Usually in golf it is rare that 1 player, let alone the whole team can play so well over 3 days, especially under this much pressure and the yanks (mostly) have been consistantly outstanding.
It is actually very closely matched, after yesterday both teams have outstanding experienced and rookie players and some have performed very poorly.
Westwood must start putting, Garcia needs a big game and Donald, Poulter etc need to keep going.
What worries me is players like Hanson who was poor to say the least, but then so has woods.
Could be the greatest sporting event since we done the Aussies in the Rugby world cup.
Nervous already.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why did the Yank fans keep cheering as Watson was about to strike his ball? I'm not surprised he shanked it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
mainly the American crowd cheering poor shots and the constant whooping and USA USA was making my piss boil.
Some of their fans are a disgrace. The fact that they're not thrown out, means the organisers are equally classless.

we MUST do well in the first 3 or 4 games as this will silence the crowd and make the yanks nervous and they have been known to crumble in this situation and being at home can turn against them.
Make the players nervous, yes, but it won't be possible to silence a home crowd in the rider cup when they're 4 points ahead.

Could be the greatest sporting event since we done the Aussies in the Rugby world cup.
Nervous already.
Don't be nervous, we've got no chance. Just have a look at the Championship table instead.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Donald started well but great putt from Watson on the first.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here