Ryder Cup 2012

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Sorry but don't we have 4 of thr top 5 in the world..and Sergio and Poulter will be awesome together!!

i'm going for a narrow Europe Victory - was 3/1 best priced i believe!

cannot wait

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If the US course management is as chaotic as their Fly-Past management the cup will be coming home.

After one of those really irritating female warbley solo renditions for of their National Anthem, everyone looked skywards and nothing happened. According to 5 Live, not only were the airforce late but they then missed and went to the wrong place completely.

Epic Fail! One might even risk a LOL?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking forward to Super Sunday when I expect there won't be much in it going into the singles. Could be a classic tussle.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Europe will walk it. I have no idea why the OP thinks that the USA are huge favourites, it's rare for them to win a major these days.

What about the 2 this year they have won.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What about the 2 that they didn't?

You said they rarely win them. 1994 was the last time an American did NOT win at least one of the majors.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
How do the points work? Never watched golf anyone explain the scoring for the ryder cup please:rolleyes:

It's match-play, so 1 point up for grabs in each match, 28 points in total. 14 1/2 wins it outright, a draw and the "holder" keeps the cup.
There are 3 types of match, Fourballs, Foursomes and singles.
Day 1 has 4 foursomes in the morning, then 4 fourballs in the afternoon. The same format on Sat, Sun is singles where everyone plays.

it's match-play, so 1 point up for grabs in each match, 28 points in total. 14 1/2 wins it outright, a draw and the "holder" keeps the cup.
There are 3 types of match, fourballs, foursomes and singles.
Day 1 has 4 foursomes in the morning, then 4 fourballs in the afternoon. The same format on sat, sun is singles where everyone plays.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Is this the "Official" Ryder Cup Thread???? Surley we must have more excitement brewing amongst the family of NSC than 34 posts over 3 days? I am almost at weeing stage through excitement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports