Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan To A-League Rumour

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Poppycock.

Way too good for that league. Especially when its best players are being poached by the Indian Premier League.

Well his fellow countryman Aarom Mooy is far too good to be playing in China, it didn't stop him going though.

I can only imagine that if Ryan does fancy a move to the A League, that he is home sick and wants to return down under.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are a bunch of posters in the Dean Henderson thread referring to a supposed rumour of Ryan being linked with a return back to the A-League.

Does anyone have any idea where this rumour came from?

Obviously sounds like a crazy rumour considering he hasn’t even entered his prime yet at only 28, and is odds-on favourite to be handed the permanent captaincy of the Australia national team when their games resume in the new year.
I'm sure I saw it somewhere on NSC a couple of days ago!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well his fellow countryman Aarom Mooy is far too good to be playing in China, it didn't stop him going though.

I can only imagine that if Ryan does fancy a move to the A League, that he is home sick and wants to return down under.

Possibly. But unlikely imo. They are looking at slashing the salary cap by 30% due to C19.

I doubt he's that homesick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ahhh, so you’re the one who started this rumour?

Is it literally ‘Sydney FC interested in national team GK’? (As if they or any other big A-League club wouldn’t be.)

We can put Neuer on our shortlist too. Doesn’t mean he wants to join us.

Neuer is too tall for a shortlist.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
On his Wikipedia entry Maty is down as 6'1" is that right? I thought he must be about 5 '10" . Is it just all our giant defenders that create an illusion of shortness?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

... and take a massive pay cut. I think the salary cap has just gone down and I am hearing plenty of rumours that the A league is in trouble.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Maybe China is more likely, remember Moy had a release clause in his contract, maybe Ryan has too.

Wouldn't be surprised with the Sydney connection either, a certain Paul Reid is one of the coaches there.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Maybe China is more likely, remember Moy had a release clause in his contract, maybe Ryan has too.

Wouldn't be surprised with the Sydney connection either, a certain Paul Reid is one of the coaches there.

Already covered. China don't allow overseas keepers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here