Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Simmonds

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Did he not play for the reserves a couple of weeks ago?? did anyone see the game?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Isn't it just a fancy name for the Reserves?

I don't think it is. Yes they play thye ressies fixtures on the whole but it is 'ones for the future' and they prob receive coaching as a group sometimes too...

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I love the idea of the development squad, Seems to be similar to the Glenn Hoddle academy.

Makes more sense to sign these young lads on short term deals see what they can do then either move them on or sign em up on a longer term deal.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The development squad is just the reserves, basically first year pros injured players comming back fto fitness, they generally train on there own, played against the under 18s last week with greer playing too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So where do people like Andrew Whing fit into it?

He's a reserve. Not a development squad player.

I think they're technically teh same but internally different because although they play for "BHAFC Reseves", they get different coaching, with different roles. Dev squad players are the futuer, Whing and the reserves are incase of injury/suspension crisis.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He's a reserve. Not a development squad player.

I think they're technically teh same but internally different because although they play for "BHAFC Reseves", they get different coaching, with different roles. Dev squad players are the futuer, Whing and the reserves are incase of injury/suspension crisis.

So Whing, Greer etc and the Development Squad all play in the same reserve team games, but the younger players just get a different coach on the training ground, while Whing etc train with the first team?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So Whing, Greer etc and the Development Squad all play in the same reserve team games, but the younger players just get a different coach on the training ground, while Whing etc train with the first team?

Greer?! I wouldn't have mentioned him in there! Trust me people are forgetting of GGs quality - he'll be a fixture in the side soon trust!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I think Gus said the development squad was for people too old for the youth squad but not ready to play/train with the first team. They will also be taught to play like the first team. This means when they get a chance to play the should slot in with ease.

Walker
... Dunk ... ...
Redwood Caskey Batti Baz
Simmonds Barker​

We are a couple of defenders away from having a youth team that could cope in the conference. (did that bloke from Wolfsburg sign?)

Good work Gus. :clap:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

The Ringleader Returns! summed it up better than I have...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I think Gus said the development squad was for people too old for the youth squad but not ready to play/train with the first team. They will also be taught to play like the first team. This means when they get a chance to play the should slot in with ease.

Walker
... Dunk ... ...
Redwood Caskey Batti Baz
Simmonds Barker​

We are a couple of defenders away from having a youth team that could cope in the conference. (did that bloke from Wolfsburg sign?)

James Smith and Grant Hall are both defenders in the development squad.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007

Walker
... Dunk ... ...
Redwood Caskey Batti Baz
Simmonds Barker​

Where's the Norwegian ??

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Greer?! I wouldn't have mentioned him in there! Trust me people are forgetting of GGs quality - he'll be a fixture in the side soon trust!

I didn't mean it like that about Greer, just that he was suspended for a long time and so wasn't able to be selected for the first team, therefore I guess he played in the reserve games? I have no doubt he will be a quality centre back for us whenever he does return and get a place in the starting XI

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Sep 1, 2010
More concerning, why is new boy Ryan Simmonds hiding a huge sausage under his left armpit?

simmonds.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here