Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley, goal machine

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's about time someone said it. To lose a player of his commitment, quality and overall flair set us back years.
The minute we let him go, I turned to my mate and said "We've hit the ceiling, I can't find the bogroll".

The final season he played for us we finished 4th.

The two seasons after we finished 6th and 20th.................#JustSaying

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The minute we let him go, I turned to my mate and said "We've hit the ceiling, I can't find the bogroll".

The final season he played for us we finished 4th.

The two seasons after we finished 6th and 20th.................#JustSaying
Ryan Harley; The Bristolian Vicente.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ryan Harley; The Bristolian Vicente.

I always thought of him as the six fingered Paul Scholes.

Both were ginger, could score spectacular goals from 30 yards and couldn't tackle.

How Scholes won 50 caps for England and Harley has been overlooked is one of life's mysteries.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I always thought of him as the six fingered Paul Scholes.

Both were ginger, could score spectacular goals from 30 yards and couldn't tackle.

How Scholes won 50 caps for England and Harley has been overlooked is one of life's mysteries.
Harley didn't have a group of friends to carry him through his career like Scholes did though. Surely the only real difference between them?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was quite excited when we signed him - I thought he would be a midfield generalissimo, bossing play, spraying accurate 50 yard passes all over the pitch and scoring unbelievable goals. Oh well.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The best wines take time to mature. Far too hasty in binning Harley, in the stripes he would have been the next Garrincha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here