Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
600th game for Man U today-hope he scores but Spurs win 2 - 1 !:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Top professional and I doubt very much many players will play for one team of the likes of Man Utd all their career.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I feel very, very old. I remember when he came on the scene -- first team at 17, goal on first appearence, etc -- and here's a 600-game career come and nearly gone (he'll retire, and not chase football down the leagues into his 40's, I hope). We won't see his like again -- perhaps as a player, yes, but not the whole package. Is it true he's never been sent off in his entire career?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
As said on the Nat Lofthouse thread, there will be few, if any like him coming through now, is Giggs the last of them?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As said on the Nat Lofthouse thread, there will be few, if any like him coming through now, is Giggs the last of them?

About the last, how many games has Scholes played ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I was just about to join all the plaudits for Giggs, but he has just this instant gone done hill fast in my estimation. Just seen an ad for Giggs Fitness DVD

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I feel very, very old. I remember when he came on the scene -- first team at 17, goal on first appearence, etc -- and here's a 600-game career come and nearly gone (he'll retire, and not chase football down the leagues into his 40's, I hope). We won't see his like again -- perhaps as a player, yes, but not the whole package. Is it true he's never been sent off in his entire career?

Which makes Lineker even more remarkable having never been booked (isn't that right?)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Which makes Lineker even more remarkable having never been booked (isn't that right?)

I am pretty certain that is correct he was never booked and given the clumsy tackles forwards do is remarkable

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not Giggs' 600th game for Man U, it's his 600th league game - amazingly, some of them were in the 1st Division, ie pre-Prem. That really is some achievement

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sixty-four caps for Wales. Considering he is one of the fittest footballers in the modern era, that is pretty poor. Mind you, I guess they don't have many tournaments to participate in past the qualifying stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here