russian hoolies...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
not sure if this is fixtures.....few days ago now....but just seen them beat up some stewards....such a pathetic act.

link is here...

wwwDOTyoutube.com/watch?v=sV18WXEqF34

this euro tournament has lots of issues that are going to brew, the ukraine hate the russians due to their years of "control" over them, all the eastern countries have shown racism, and already there have been reports of aggro.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
not sure if this is fixtures.....few days ago now....but just seen them beat up some stewards....such a pathetic act.

this euro tournament has lots of issues that are going to brew, the ukraine hate the russians due to their years of "control" over them, all the eastern countries have shown racism, and already there have been reports of aggro.

I'd wager the Poles have a bigger reason for disliking the Russkis than the Ukrainians, large swathes of which are ethnic Russians who regard themselves as joint Ukrainian/Russian. My experience is that there is very little resentment against the Russians in Ukraine. Lviv is different because it used to be Polish and most people there have some Polish roots. If you want proper hatred, I suggest you look more towards the Baltic states. Seriously though ...are you surprised by a bit of violence and racism at an East European footie match?

Let's be honest here, we all moan about footie violence but most of us find it fascinating and...dare I say it quite entertaining.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
dyerski.png

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
I wonder what UEFA and shit for brains Platini would have said and done if the hoolies had been English ??

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I'd wager the Poles have a bigger reason for disliking the Russkis than the Ukrainians, large swathes of which are ethnic Russians who regard themselves as joint Ukrainian/Russian. My experience is that there is very little resentment against the Russians in Ukraine. Lviv is different because it used to be Polish and most people there have some Polish roots. If you want proper hatred, I suggest you look more towards the Baltic states. Seriously though ...are you surprised by a bit of violence and racism at an East European footie match?

Let's be honest here, we all moan about footie violence but most of us find it fascinating and...dare I say it quite entertaining.

I work with a lot of Ukrainians here, some of them are ethnic Russian, or mixed Ukrainian/Russian, but ethnic Ukrainians can be just as anti-Russian as the Polish. Poland was forced to be communist, but in Ukraine, as part of the Soviet Union their very identity and language were repressed as well.

Last edited:

SweBHAFC

Nov 16, 2009
Throwing a glass in the face of the copper, saving your mate in the process..... Reminds me about an ad for a credit card.. There are things money can't buy...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports