Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
What's all this? Apparently, 4 different sources have said as much to Reuters.

Obviously it will be a non-starter, and any ceasefire/armistice with Russia is worthless, but look beyond that.

Perhaps Russia isn't doing quite as well as the narrative would suggest?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
What's all this? Apparently, 4 different sources have said as much to Reuters.

Obviously it will be a non-starter, and any ceasefire/armistice with Russia is worthless, but look beyond that.

Perhaps Russia isn't doing quite as well as the narrative would suggest?

If this is true, this is significant. Its an admission that they cannot complete their objectives of "de-nazifying" Ukraine & unable to completely occupy Ukraine.

This war must have cost Russia billions.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I watched a long personal vlog today from a Chinese mercenary fighting for Russia.
After lots of detail about the crew he was fighting with (Cubans, Russians, some Nepalese...) and saying there was little coordination due to language difficulties...he highlighted that the swarms of Ukrainian drone attacks were the hardest thing to deal with, resulting in many casualties on the Russian side.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If this is true, this is significant. Its an admission that they cannot complete their objectives of "de-nazifying" Ukraine & unable to completely occupy Ukraine.

This war must have cost Russia billions.
Putin cannot fight for as long as he wants, it's BS. Ukraine is causing huge financial damage targeting refineries. The war is creating huge financial and societal issues in Russia and there is no way Putin would "freeze" if he thought he could win.

Plus nobody is fooled by what "freezing" really is.

It's just a mechanism to pause, rebuild, restrategise and violate again in future at the most opportune time for Russia.

Ukraine are not so stupid.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Putin cannot fight for as long as he wants, it's BS. Ukraine is causing huge financial damage targeting refineries. The war is creating huge financial and societal issues in Russia and there is no way Putin would "freeze" if he thought he could win.

Plus nobody is fooled by what "freezing" really is.

It's just a mechanism to pause, rebuild, restrategise and violate again in future at the most opportune time for Russia.

Ukraine are not so stupid.
Well summarised... thanks 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Lavrov has been quiet recently (thank goodness) and invisible on the news feeds I use.
Maybe it's nothing, maybe he's all over other feeds, or maybe he's starting to distance himself from the situation
I suppose even thick f***s at some point realise that they're onto a losing thing.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Up to 200 people innocent people could have been inside. Russians have no regard for the sanctity of human life.
This is why Putin's bogus call for peace will fail. Nobody believes it will end there.

Putin must be defeated heavily.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Lavrov has been quiet recently (thank goodness) and invisible on the news feeds I use.
Maybe it's nothing, maybe he's all over other feeds, or maybe he's starting to distance himself from the situation 🤔
Let's count our blessings. He's one of the most odious people on the planet. I can't imagine a death sufficiently hideous that befits Putin's glove puppet.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Up to 200 people innocent people could have been inside. Russians have no regard for the sanctity of human life.
This is why Putin's bogus call for peace will fail. Nobody believes it will end there.

Putin must be defeated heavily.

3000 glide bombs in March... unbelievable. If that stat and the Kharkhiv supermarket blast fail to get the west to speed up supply of air defense systems...then I don't know what will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here