Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
All true.
However, I was reading about this very subject a few weeks ago.

Russia’s weakest link when it comes to combatting cells in their midst is that it is so easy to bribe officials there.

If you have money, you can pretty much go anywhere and get to anyone. Within reason.

Russias’s government workers and officials are some of the most curruptable in the world.

Of course, that also has its flip side for espionage and resistance fighters. Not one of the fuckers can be trusted.
Indeed. Create a society that is corrupt and bribable on every level, and everything has its price. Totally insidious. Horrible, as you say, no one is trustworthy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Regardless of what their GPs might think, I expect to see some ‘sudden heart issues’ within the MOD leadership.

“Mr Surovikin, Mr Putin will meet you tomorrow on the 97th floor of the Federation Tower. Please come alone.”

IMG_2927.png

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Regardless of what their GPs might think, I expect to see some ‘sudden heart issues’ within the MOD leadership.

'Sources say that together with him, 13 other senior officers have been detained for questioning and 15 have been dismissed or suspended. They were detained hours after the start of the mutiny.'

Detained hours after the start of the mutiny?

You could be forgiven for thinking that the underlying aim of the 'rebellion' was to flush out those who were not 100% behind Putin.

Has Russia just had a Stalinist purge?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
'Sources say that together with him, 13 other senior officers have been detained for questioning and 15 have been dismissed or suspended. They were detained hours after the start of the mutiny.'

Detained hours after the start of the mutiny?

You could be forgiven for thinking that the underlying aim of the 'rebellion' was to flush out those who were not 100% behind Putin.

Has Russia just had a Stalinist purge?
Could be ... Or maybe a week after the start...and they are trying to show the people how 'on it' they were really 🤔

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Could be ... Or maybe a week after the start...and they are trying to show the people how 'on it' they were really 🤔
Sorry - I don't think I will ever be up to speed on Russian politics, manoeuvring, blame-passing etc.

What I do appreciate is how Putin et al attach the most - extraordinary - importance to the optics. This is a real weakness.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sorry - I don't think I will ever be up to speed on Russian politics, manoeuvring, blame-passing etc.

What I do appreciate is how Putin et al attach the most - extraordinary - importance to the optics. This is a real weakness.
Yep, it's like the development of the script for the most devious, double crossing spy film... right in front of our eyes.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Cunning plan - steal his contact lenses.
He's got special Russian military contact lenses with a facial recognition facility. They work very well until he looks himself in the mirror.
(There's a cracking conspiracy theory that suggests that the original Putin no longer exists).

Back to my point - the Kremlin elite have pulled the wool over the eyes of the Russian masses for so long, that they are completely and utterly obsessed with how things look. Anything that suggests that they are not in total control, goes down very, very badly. This is a potential goldmine.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I'd just add that this twitter poster Sushko, is a real clickbait account.
He does copy post all general news stories that appear in others news accounts, but there's also a lot of made up unsubstantiated BS/rumours, for clicks.

Maybe this is real, but also high chance from Sushko it isnt.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He does copy post all general news stories that appear in others news accounts, but there's also a lot of made up unsubstantiated BS/rumours, for clicks.

Sushko is an absolute charlatan. A grifter who is worth ignoring.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Hmmm, thanks. I was thinking similar about Sushko when I looked through many of his posts yesterday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Sushko is an absolute charlatan. A grifter who is worth ignoring.
Thanks for notifying, will bear in mind in future.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Putin seems hell-bent on strengthening the NATO alliance via the Law Of Unintended Consequences. Welcome Finland and Sweden, and shortly Ukraine. The boy Putin's had a shocker here

Sweden and Finland were never going to join NATO.

Well done Judo Midget in strengthening NATO :bowdown:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I have no idea whether the events at Voronezh are real, false, a false flag, some and some, or something else we haven't thought of.

I know I wrote the following a few days ago, but in view of events at Voronezh, I think it is worth repeating.

Several months ago, the Royal United Services Institute predicted that as Russia continues to lose the ground war, it would focus more on other fronts, i.e. propaganda, disinformation and cyber warfare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here