Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tactical nuclear weopons on Ukraine. Who knows what a mad man will do. Hitler as an example.
But why would he attack Ukraine, when he's currently being attacked by Wagner?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I wonder at what stage the Wagner convoy will be engaged properly. Would assume that would be a litmus lest for both sides resolve.
Already happened this afternoon. The convoy was attacked by three fighter jets. At least one of those jets was downed by Wagner’s anti-aircraft weapons. And the convoy is still rolling.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Prigozhin has apparently agreed to de-escalate, according to Belarus leadership.

Given that he was traveling up the M4, I suggest he got tired of all the variable speed limits.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The office of Belarus president Alexander Lukashenko just announced that Wagner leader Yevgeny Prigozhin accepted a proposal to “stop the movement of armed persons of the Wagner company on the territory of Russia and take further steps to de-escalate tensions,” the president’s office said, with similar reporting in Russian news outlets.

The statement said that Vladimir Putin briefed Lukashenko in the morning and, with his approval, Lukashenko held negotiating talks with Prigozhin.

“Negotiations continued throughout the day. As a result, they came to agreements on the inadmissibility of unleashing a bloody massacre on the territory of Russia,” the statement read.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I very much doubt Russians will arm themselves and fight. Certainly not with any success. Personally I think if Wagner succeeds in its coup, there’s a strong chance the first thing they’ll do is start nuking Ukraine.

Prig is a man that thinks the brutalisation of Ukranian citizens and the shelling of Ukraine civilian targets didn’t go far enough. He is a psychopath and “controls” a mob of armed criminals.

I think the West will come to regret not arming Ukraine to the teeth and enabling them to blow Putin’s forces off the face of the earth while we had the chance.

What could possibly be coming could be far worse for everyone.

But, there’s all to play for. It’s anyone’s guess how this plays out.

Murderous, psychotic, barbarian or Murderous, psychotic, barbarian who thought the first murderous, psychotic, barbarian was too soft on the Ukranians?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'd be more concerned about what comes after Putin if this does succeed. As stated previously, Prigozhin has criticised Putin for not using tactical nuclear weapons in Ukraine.
Prizhogin is not next in line. He is an outsider and purely a Putin creation. The Russian elite would/will appoint a successor from amongst their own to ensure business as usual.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
They’re turning back. Bugger.
Prigozhin is dead meat now

It does feel that way. Lots of hot takes doing the rounds, some suggesting that he’s resting his troops, some that he’s done a deal to guarantee his and his troops safety (which I can’t believe he’d fall for) and another that he’s been promised the heads of those he considers enemies, which again, I’m dubious of.

Putin’s the kind of guy that I’d want payment in advance from, and even then he’d pour nerve agent over the cash.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Prigozhin, presumably;

Joking Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They’re turning back. Bugger.
Prigozhin is dead meat now

This is probably the best outcome for Ukraine and the West. Having Prigozhin as a military dictator of Russia sounds scary, whereas I'll take a weakling Putin being pushed around by his warlords any day.

Pity the bunch of neo nazis didn't just blow each other up though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I very much doubt Russians will arm themselves and fight. Certainly not with any success. Personally I think if Wagner succeeds in its coup, there’s a strong chance the first thing they’ll do is start nuking Ukraine.

Prig is a man that thinks the brutalisation of Ukranian citizens and the shelling of Ukraine civilian targets didn’t go far enough. He is a psychopath and “controls” a mob of armed criminals.

I think the West will come to regret not arming Ukraine to the teeth and enabling them to blow Putin’s forces off the face of the earth while we had the chance.

What could possibly be coming could be far worse for everyone.

But, there’s all to play for. It’s anyone’s guess how this plays out.

Murderous, psychotic, barbarian or Murderous, psychotic, barbarian who thought the first murderous, psychotic, barbarian was too soft on the Ukranians?
It’s Mafia wars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here