Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Prigozhin fails is Putin still mortally undermined? I'd imagine the crackdown on any kind of dissent is going to get even stronger

All dissenters have always been pre-preemptively thrown out of windows. It's difficult to up the anti from that.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I doubt it.

He's already questioned it's validity.

"What was the war for? The war needed for Shoigu to receive a hero star … The oligarchic clan that rules Russia needed the war,” he said.
He did indeed say that and I hope he'd stick to that. But he's also said things like: I will do a better job in Ukraine than Russia's current military leaders.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Russian soldiers have reportedly set up a machine gun position on the edge of Moscow, according to a Russian newspaper.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Screenshot_20230624-141312.png

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm concerned, but not surprised, that Turkey appears to be the destination of choice for the fleeing Russian elite.

A reminder that Turkey is a member of NATO.

I anticipate many questions for Erdogan, who thinks he's a statesman.
'You can have a Russian in return for letting Turkey join the EU'.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
read an interesting observation, when making annonucements last night, Prigozhin said his forces crossed the border. implied he recognises the Ukraine/Russia border, which is not supposed to be the case for newly annexed regions of Russia. might be slip of the tongue, might have significance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here