Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Just posted translated video above.

But something I've seen doing the rounds is he's now laying blame on Shoigu and greedy elites who wanted to plunder Ukraine in a war based on lies. And both Shoigu and these Oligargic elites have been deceiving Putin.

Of course that's not true and Putin is squarely behind his failed land grab and genocide, but it's an interesting perspective, as Prigorzhin is laying blame at Shoigu and other elites door (and not Putin)
In his latest message to the Russian people, Prigozhin claims that Shoigu has been deceiving Putin and the Russian people.

I think it is an important detail and nuance that needs highlighting. He is placing Putin alongside the Russian people as the ones who have been wronged.
So his message is that Putin is an innocent in all this. By alerting the Russian people to this deceit, he also is absolving himself from any blame and presenting himself as a truthsayer.

This does suggest Putin is behind Prigozhin's messages. Find a patsy. Use someone else on the payroll to blame him for all sorts. But what's in it for Prigozhin?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In his latest message to the Russian people, Prigozhin claims that Shoigu has been deceiving Putin and the Russian people.

I think it is an important detail and nuance that needs highlighting. He is placing Putin alongside the Russian people as the ones who have been wronged.
So his message is that Putin is an innocent in all this. By alerting the Russian people to this deceit, he also is absolving himself from any blame and presenting himself as a truthsayer.

This does suggest Putin is behind Prigozhin's messages. Find a patsy. Use someone else on the payroll to blame him for all sorts. But what's in it for Prigozhin?
He lives. And becomes Putin's anointed successor ???

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Is Shoigu going to sit there and be ripped into, and in association Gerasimov. Militarily they may be incompetent but you don't get to those positions in Russian politics without being able to take your enemies down. This could get very interesting

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My step son is following Telegram channels real time. Apparently there are reports of Wagner camps being attacked inside Russia, and Prigozhin has declared war on the Russian MOD. And now there are reports of Wagner turning on Russians in Bahkmut.

I haven't seen any media confirmation of this. Those of us with far ranging feeds (there are many of you, thankfully)...please keep your eyes open for any related news.

...an update, apparently Telegram is exploding with these messages, seems like it could be real and not fake news...

...9.14 pm. Apparently Prigozhin is calling all patriots to rise up and restore credibility to the Russian military. The National Guard is at Wagner Hq. My step son is watching videos from the camp that was hit: they could be fake of course but he says they look real enough.

(Note to self: I'll feel damn stupid if this is all fake news 😬😬)

Last edited:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
My step son is following Telegram channels real time. Apparently there are reports of Wagner camps being attacked inside Russia, and Prigozhin has declared war on the Russian MOD. And now there are reports of Wagner turning on Russians in Bahkmut.

I haven't seen any media confirmation of this. Those of us with far ranging feeds (there are many of you, thankfully)...please keep your eyes open for any related news.

...an update, apparently Telegram is exploding with these messages, seems like it could be real and not fake news...

...9.14 pm. Apparently Prigozhin is calling all patriots to rise up and restore credibility to the Russian military. The National Guard is at Wagner Hq. My step son is watching videos from the camp that was hit: they could be fake of course but he says they look real enough.

Bbc reporting it now.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Impossible to know what to believe at the mo. Some folk on Telegram saying Prigozhin's accounts have been hacked...in which case it could be fake fake news.

I might keep my head down until BBC Verify tell us it's for real...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Russian lines in Donetsk apparently being hit from behind. Russia also placing more troops in Moscow. Sounds like a civil war is under starters orders

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Impossible to know what to believe at the mo. Some folk on Telegram saying Prigozhin's accounts have been hacked...in which case it could be fake fake news.

I might keep my head down until BBC Verify tell us it's for real...

True or false, it’s great to see the propagandist Putin facing an information/misinformation nightmare. The Ukrainians and others have been cute at this from almost day one. It also serves a tangible purpose of hitting Russian morale.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Here's a selection of latest Telegram feed from Denys Davidov (recommended by @portslade seagull ) ...
Denys Davydov
‼️"In the direction of Kleshchievka (Donetsk region). It seems that the positions of the Russians are being shelled from the rear," the Armed Forces of Ukraine

Checking that information…
26.4KviewsDenys Davydov, 20:52

Denys Davydov
After Prigozhin's statements, a criminal case was initiated on incitement to an armed rebellion, the National Anti-Terrorism Committee of the Russian Federation said.
26.2KviewsDenys Davydov, 20:53

Denys Davydov
A special military operation is proceeding according to a pre-approved plan.👍
25.6KviewsDenys Davydov, 20:54

Denys Davydov
❗ SOBR fighters were sent from Moscow to Belgorod by plane, - Russian media

Is Prygozhyn in Belgorod? 🤷‍♂️
25.4KviewsDenys Davydov, 20:55

Denys Davydov
Russian state media and telegram channels banned from mentioning any of Prigozhin's statements …
23.5KviewsDenys Davydov, 21:03

Denys Davydov
Shoigu will be hanged on Red Square and lie down in the mausoleum with Lenin, - Prigozhin.
21.2KviewsDenys Davydov, 21:11

Denys Davydov
🍿 The “Fortress” plan has been announced in a number of police departments of the Rostov region.

An emergency gathering of personnel has been announced to take control of especially important objects of law enforcement agencies. The plan also provides for readiness to repel an external attack, - Rus media
16.7KviewsDenys Davydov, 21:22

Denys Davydov
⚡The Fortress plan has also been announced in Moscow, providing for readiness to repel an external attack
15.4KviewsDenys Davydov, edited 21:25

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Multiple sources reporting that there has been some kind of civil unrest.

Things are happening !

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Wow. This is escalating.

Shoigu also has his own private army ( outside the Russian military ) so civil war seems very much on the cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here