Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Has anyone seen reference to this 'China UN vote' on mainstream news yet? So far I've only seen it on two Ukrainian news feeds, and a quick trawl through the UN website has proved inconclusive for me.
saw this, this morning - but now can't find it - maybe it is only on the Ukranian news sites

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Has anyone seen reference to this 'China UN vote' on mainstream news yet? So far I've only seen it on two Ukrainian news feeds, and a quick trawl through the UN website has proved inconclusive for me.
I've only found it a couple of non-Ukrainian sites:

It's on Yahoo, but the article is just a clone of the Ukraine article.

However, this Indian site is noteworthy:

'Despite being highlighted on Twitter by Ukraine's Permanent Representative to the UN, Sergiy Kyslytsya, this notable development has gone largely unnoticed.'

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Oh dear. Maybe when the planes start falling out the sky the Russian people will wake up

Unlikely they will wake up. The brainwashed will swallow any amount of blame deflection

Also part of the problem, is that they've used skilled and qualified people as cannon fodder.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Oh dear. Maybe when the planes start falling out the sky the Russian people will wake up

This was discussed three months ago:

Today, after a year of sanctions, let nobody tell you that those sanctions are not working. Russian aviation is in a death spiral. You can only bastardise old donor planes and clean old filters with brake fluid for so long. I recall an article by Kamil Galeev in June/July last year, predicting that this would herald the very disintegration of the Russian Federation. How can Moscow wield its power in the far-flung regions if nobody can get there?

Meanwhile, China continues to watch closely from the sidelines.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This was discussed three months ago:

Today, after a year of sanctions, let nobody tell you that those sanctions are not working. Russian aviation is in a death spiral. You can only bastardise old donor planes and clean old filters with brake fluid for so long. I recall an article by Kamil Galeev in June/July last year, predicting that this would herald the very disintegration of the Russian Federation. How can Moscow wield its power in the far-flung regions if nobody can get there?

Meanwhile, China continues to watch closely from the sidelines.
And of course the replacement bearings needed to keep the trains running in Russia are also sanctioned.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No doubt they will claim they were taken down by Western made Urkranian missiles

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Unlikely they will wake up. The brainwashed will swallow any amount of blame deflection
This was why there was a huge effort in post-war (or at least post-liberation) Germany by the Allies to show the German people what had been happening. It’s impossible to claim the Holocaust wasn’t going on when you’re stood in a death camp surrounded by thousands of corpses.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here