Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This is why the people of Ukraine have fought like hell. They know what awaits their wives and children should their cities fall. This is why we in the west must never look the other way, never let trivialities take over the news cycle, never leave unchallenged Russian propaganda and never elect those who would sell Ukraine out for an oil deal.
This.
Times infinity.
Putin apologists at to any degree are filth

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Poland are donating 4 MIGs to Ukraine with more to come.

This breaks through the fighter jet donation wall.

I'm sure more and better jets will gradually start to be given now.

Unlucky, Vladimir.
A lot more will be needed. To a degree, what's the point of donating all those tanks etc if they don't have cover from the air? Taking out tanks is not hard these days if you can get close enough to fire javelins or similar.

Breaking the Russian lines will be hard. They will be properly dug in, and there can be no advantage of surprise. Ukraine's hope lies in a combined arms operation. Planes, shelling, tanks, infantry, Russian logistics rendered completely incapable.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Stalin did exactly that in Ukraine in the 1930s, when every bit of grain was exported out of Ukraine, leaving the population quite literally starving. North Korea has nothing on the death toll thus created, in the millions. I don't know how long memories there last, but I bet that this is not forgotten.
This was something Hitler failed to use to his advantage during Barbarossa. If he’d have entered Ukraine as a liberator instead of an invader, the invasion of Russia would probably of succeeded. The Ukrainians hated Stalin more for what he did to them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wow, could be a game changer
Whilst anything is better than nowt and the Ukrainains are skilled on the Mig29 (I assume that's what they're getting), those Aircraft are old tech..... they're simply no technical match for the 4.5 gen Russian fighters.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Whilst anything is better than nowt and the Ukrainains are skilled on the Mig29 (I assume that's what they're getting), those Aircraft are old tech..... they're simply no technical match for the 4.5 gen Russian fighters.
I know that's true, but it may open the door to more modern jets at some point

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They are Mig29s which have been NATO upgraded - so much better than the old Soviet junk.

I think they have been upgraded to be able to fire JDAMs - which is very bad news for the russians in the trenches.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Poland are donating 4 MIGs to Ukraine with more to come.

This breaks through the fighter jet donation wall.

I'm sure more and better jets will gradually start to be given now.

Unlucky, Vladimir.
Was always the likeliest short term outcome.

Ukraine gets the leftover MIGs knocking around in NATO countries. These get replaced by newer (better) kit from the US.

As an opportunity to refresh the arsenals of a lot of European nations with better kit, especially eastern European nations still reliant on ex-Soviet technology, this war has been an absolute godsend.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
A friend of mine linked me a video from Chasiv Yar, where he grew up.
Friends of his sent it to him.
Chasiv Yar is 12 miles from Bakhmut.
His old school is riddled with bullets, he can see his friend's houses bombed out.
The town is wrecked - completely.

They used a musical composition of his for a few minutes on the video.
He is very proud of that and remains very patriotic - he moved to the West of Ukraine from the Donbas a few years back to try and keep his family safe.

We all see it on the news but it all seems very remote

It isn't

Lets's hope the West holds it's nerve and twats like the appeaser DeSantis don't get in next time.

Our World is sick

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
A friend of mine linked me a video from Chasiv Yar, where he grew up.
Friends of his sent it to him.
Chasiv Yar is 12 miles from Bakhmut.
His old school is riddled with bullets, he can see his friend's houses bombed out.
The town is wrecked - completely.

They used a musical composition of his for a few minutes on the video.
He is very proud of that and remains very patriotic - he moved to the West of Ukraine from the Donbas a few years back to try and keep his family safe.

We all see it on the news but it all seems very remote

It isn't

Lets's hope the West holds it's nerve and twats like the appeaser DeSantis don't get in next time.

Our World is sick

Thank you for posting - I'll watch all of it tomorrow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rigid-thinking Putin is acting like a WW1 general mile behind the trenches. Minute, pointless gains for a vast loss of life.

00836926-3ECA-46B5-923F-C8C0FA884AFE.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin for war crimes because of his alleged involvement in the abduction of children from Ukraine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like either North Korea or a Staycation for Vlad this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here