Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Surely if something was shot down it wouldn’t continue further than it’s original target? That seems highly implausible to me on a scientific level, the impact would have slowed the missle down and in all likelihood shattered it into smaller pieces?

Regardless of that, Russia have just taken the lives of at least two Polish people.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A former US ambassador to Nato, Kurt Volker, told the BBC it was important to give Russia a chance to explain what had happened.

Volker said it was likely to have been an accident. But, he said, we need to hear Russia say that.
Russia will just use this as a propaganda piece, they certainly won’t come out and apologise and say ‘woopsy’

It’s the perfect opportunity for them to claim Ukraine in some way did it on purpose to incite NATO into conflict

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We can't know if it's deliberate or not, so what to do?

On the one hand ......

Even if entirely accidental it is an entirely predictable consequence of firing so many missiles indiscriminately, which justifies a proportionate military response.

On the other .....

Let's keep cool heads here. Is this worth an escalation over?

My view? It is worth escalating. Russia have provoked and provoked. Intent is not really the issue. The fact is they have attacked and killed people in a NATO country. I think a proportionate response is a NATO missile attack at a logistics depot in Russian territory.
Is it time for Ukraine to join NATO then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's be helpful to know what those are...
Article 4 is to discuss what to do

Article 5 is collective security (attack on one is an attack on all)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's be helpful to know what those are...
EBA2C163-02AB-47BA-BBE5-6068D5ED7E4A.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd send a stern warning, and then I'd ship the HIMARS missiles with the 300km range to the Ukrainians as the military response.
I prefer to send the HIMARS missiles direct to Moscow.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The trouble is that with Russia's 'it wasn't us' excuse, they've pulled that one so many times, that nobody believes them.

Then, the one time it could be that it actually wasn't them, everyone is so pissed off with them, that actual culpability becomes immaterial.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The trouble is that with Russia's 'it wasn't us' excuse, they've pulled that one so many times, that nobody believes them.

Then, the one time it could be that it actually wasn't them, everyone is so pissed off with them, that actual culpability becomes immaterial.
someone should have read them the little boy who cried wolf story when they were young

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here