Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Poor old fella. In his latter years... This is reality of "Ruski Mir"

[tweet]1577619795759054849[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sounding like a veiled threat that the USA intends to take Putin out if he uses tactical nukes?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=d5e4fc87144b43368ff5197fc6f9a475

When asked what the US response might be, Mr Bolton said: "I don't think it needs to be nuclear, depending on what the Russians actually do.

"But I do think we should say it would be Vladimir Putin signing a suicide note if he authorised even a tactical nuclear weapon.

"It's very important that we deter the use of a nuclear weapon.

I suspect they’d do well to reach him before the Chinese did in that scenario (with similar intent)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sounding like a veiled threat that the USA intends to take Putin out if he uses tactical nukes?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=d5e4fc87144b43368ff5197fc6f9a475

When asked what the US response might be, Mr Bolton said: "I don't think it needs to be nuclear, depending on what the Russians actually do.

"But I do think we should say it would be Vladimir Putin signing a suicide note if he authorised even a tactical nuclear weapon.

"It's very important that we deter the use of a nuclear weapon.
Putin better have some good air defence left. In that scenario we could see drone strikes or even stealth bombers targetting him. Or he'll stay in his bunker forever.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Putin better have some good air defence left. In that scenario we could see drone strikes or even stealth bombers targetting him. Or he'll stay in his bunker forever.

I read recently that during the Iraqi war, the US were phoning up the Iraqi generals - in their own homes - offering advice. I wonder if the Americans have been doing similar with the Kremlin inmates?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Poor old fella. In his latter years... This is reality of "Ruski Mir"

[tweet]1577619795759054849[/tweet]

I can't watch too much like that. The everyday impact on people, let alone the death and destruction. It is so cruel and I feel at once ashamed that humans could wreak this punishment on other humans but also inspired by the people resisting in whatever way they can.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A Russian politician just about to go ‘missing’:

“Russia says all lost ground will be retaken. Speaking to teachers during a video call from the Kremlin, Vladimir Putin said the situation would stabilise.

But the chairman of the defence committee of the lower house of parliament told state-run media that Russia needed to stop lying about what’s going on on the battlefield. "Our people are not stupid," he said.” BBC

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

“Russia says all lost ground will be retaken. Speaking to teachers during a video call from the Kremlin, Vladimir Putin said the situation would stabilise.

But the chairman of the defence committee of the lower house of parliament told state-run media that Russia needed to stop lying about what’s going on on the battlefield. "Our people are not stupid," he said.” BBC

No one wants Moscow apartments with balconies.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sky News are with a Ukrainian rocket launcher unit (UK made). Interesting stuff. The Ukrainians were trained here.

Able to wipe out targets 50km away.

You can't beat a bit of Western hi-tech, state-of-the-art kit against their 60's cold war dinosaur equipment can you?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Unfortunately, they are.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
An informative read.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-russia-failed-to-dominate-the-skies-over-ukraine

Made worse for Russia because Ukraine now has operational NASAMS batteries, with far more on order.

Very interesting read, thanks for posting. I've often wondered about 'and with both sides driving many of the same tanks and armoured vehicles, finding and identifying targets would have been extremely difficult for Russian pilots.' and I guess it's all down to having precise and TIMELY coordinates, which the Russians rarely have.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Heroic Russia now playing the victim, with no sense of irony...

'Head of RT claims the West wants to colonize and enslave Russia'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqMe7Cg2iOM

'We offered them peace, just to leave us alone'.

I'm not one to advocate violence against women however in her case I would make an exception, she needs a good punch to her arrogant, spiteful bile spewing mouth.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Heroic Russia now playing the victim, with no sense of irony...

'Head of RT claims the West wants to colonize and enslave Russia'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqMe7Cg2iOM

'We offered them peace, just to leave us alone'.
Deluded woman. "They can't understand that other people are different, other nations are different."

They? They? Who is this 'they' that the daft bint is yammering about? If she substituted 'we' for 'they' she'd be right on the money! Is Putin going to send women to the front line? - in her case I hope so!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here