Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sad that he has passed away but, genuinely surprised that he has made it this far. I think he has been named for death by Putin some time ago and he knew it. The only power Putin had was to decide when it would happen because Navalney had the bravado of a man who knew that death was assured .

Not a perfect man, but, he joins the long list of politicians and journalists who were not cowed by Putin and asked the questions that mattered, and would only be silenced by murder.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I’m astonished that he lasted this long. I couldn’t believe that he chose to return to Russia after his poisoning. He’s been a dead man walking for eons. This is both beyond tragic and entirely predictable.

He obviously died of old age, because 47 is old age, if you’re brave enough to oppose Russia’s great Tsar.

Would anybody in NSC demonstrate about this in Red Square this weekend, if they had the opportunity ? I wouldn’t. I want to see my daughter again.

Last edited:

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Beyond frustrated with this segment of the US putting the Ukranians in this position. Absolutely shameful position, having said they'd be there throughout.
Self centred wan*ers bending over for trump.
The delay in providing the weaponry needed and now this.
I cannot stand the attitude of those that are just out for themselves.
Any chance of poisoning trump?!
I had hope for the 🇺🇦 , but they are now being kicked to one side, unable to defend themselves. 😡

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Beyond frustrated with this segment of the US putting the Ukranians in this position. Absolutely shameful position, having said they'd be there throughout.
I had hope for the 🇺🇦 , but they are now being kicked to one side, unable to defend themselves. 😡

It’s horrific and so easily avoided but I think they are in the end game now. Putin’s tanks will crush Ukraine and move onto the next target.

If he goes for a NATO country it’s WW3.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
With Navalny dead, the Russian Presidential "Election" a month a way and the second anniversary of the war just 8 days away I fully expect Russian to give the Ukraine campaign the full gun now.

This is not the time for the West to be wavering over their support for Ukraine.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
With Navalny dead, the Russian Presidential "Election" a month a way and the second anniversary of the war just 8 days away I fully expect Russian to give the Ukraine campaign the full gun now.

This is not the time for the West to be wavering over their support for Ukraine.

They started last night with massive multiple rocket attacks all across Ukraine.

Arguably, the West should have destroyed Russian troops the second they crossed into Ukraine. Very arguably though, nuclear threat and all that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It’s horrific and so easily avoided but I think they are in the end game now. Putin’s tanks will crush Ukraine and move onto the next target.

Logistically, to fully occupy such a vast country with the risk of counter-offensives from Ukrainian resistance is expensive and dangerous. The Russian economy is in dire straits and they lack technical expertise and parts to sustain occupation.

I think that a more realistic aim would be to consolidate the territory they presently occupy. No doubt they will have one eye on the US Presidential Election because if Trump gets in then the chances of a favourable deal increase, i.e. Russia keeps the territory they've gained, they offer a buffer demilitarised zone in exchange for an end to the conflict, Trump will agree and claim he ended the war peacefully, the US saves itself $ billions.

Then if the Ukraine does join NATO Putin can claim it as an act of aggression and press on with whatever he wants Phase 2 to look like.

If, given the amount of support, funding, hardware and ammo the West has given Ukraine over the last 2 years, a deal looks like caving in then consider that just 10 years ago we were content for Russia to reoccupy Crimea with barely a murmur. It would appear the West cares, but does it care ENOUGH?

In the meantime, the funding for NATO and the military needs to be sorted out, but the case for a European Army is getting stronger all the time.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

As sick and evil as this fascist is, theres a few plausible reasons he has murdered him now.

It's the Munich security conference today and it's a big f*** you that diverts attention from anything in the conference.

Navalny has always previously told non Putin voters who to vote for tactically in elections.

As soon as the fake election is over, Putin will launch another large round of conscription and he wants to remove the voice and opposition of Navalny in advance.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Don't over react Clampy. It's nowhere near any endgame.

Avdiivka is a small provisional town.

It's like saying Hailsham is about to fall, its the end of UK. Putins tanks won't do shit.

The west will find a way to resupply, a few towns may fall, the war will continue.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't over react Clampy. It's nowhere near any endgame.

Avdiivka is a small provisional town.

It's like saying Hailsham is about to fall, its the end of UK. Putins tanks won't do shit.

The west will find a way to resupply, a few towns may fall, the war will continue.

Taking Avdiivka gives the Russians control of the area around Donetsk.

I may be wrong. I hope so but I think this is bad.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Beyond frustrated with this segment of the US putting the Ukrainians in this position. Absolutely shameful position, having said they'd be there throughout.
Sadly the Trump flunkies wield power and influence far in excess of their intellect or morals.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sadly the Trump flunkies wield power and influence far in excess of their intellect or morals.
Surprised some have the brain power to breath

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The slow grind of this war will continue.

If (as it looks) Russia takes Avdiivka it's likely the Ukrainian defence will hold them there for a while...hopefully until an increase in weapon supply from the West.

Weapon supply is key, and Europe needs to ramp up production (and purchasing?) if it's to continue to support Ukraine, as well as bolster it's own defences.

I'm still hopeful the US will pass the latest aid package after returning from their break (🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️); whether later packages will be forthcoming I'm far less sure.

Ukraine will continue to pick off Russian naval vessels, oil refineries etc when they can.

Russia will continue to lose more vehicles and troops than does Ukraine.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
"Plenty of cowardly scum still willing to carry out Putin’s wishes."
Although i think this is terrible, I cannot agree with the above quote .

To be honest that doesn't make them cowards what the f*** are they supposed to do if you say no your'e dead meat . And probably your family as well.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Widely rumoured that it is video tapes of whores pissing onto his naked body in a Moscow hotel room in the early 2010's (so after he was married to Melania)

Sorry if I've just spread misinformation. Actually no, i'm not.
I'm glad you put that in writing and not me !

Trump denied it all, and was incredulous that anyone would think he could have done anything so stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here