Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
TL/DR Terrified of escalation due optics of triggering a larger conflict again.
How can this be a justified concern? There are 2 outcomes: Russia win, or Russia lose. The first would be awful for the world, so can't be allowed to happen. And if the second happens, it won't matter whether German tanks were involved or not.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I read that they were going to remove the Depleted Uranium armour from the Abrams and replace it with standard armour as they don't want the mesh technology in the DU plates to fall into Chinese/Russian hands.

Even so, the Abrams is a beast.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I read that they were going to remove the Depleted Uranium armour from the Abrams and replace it with standard armour as they don't want the mesh technology in the DU plates to fall into Chinese/Russian hands.

Even so, the Abrams is a beast.
How quickly can they get the Abrams to Ukraine? I heard a suggestion this morning that it could take a year! Surely not.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
How quickly can they get the Abrams to Ukraine? I heard a suggestion this morning that it could take a year! Surely not.
It's not getting them there, they have 56 planes that can transport 2 at a time each (apparently they're beasts to move). So they could be there quickly, it's the maintaining and training that takes time.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
31 Abrams confirmed to be going to Ukraine by the US

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
.....and are available to drive away on interest free credit with finance available from their local Citroen dealership?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gives hope that Ukraine will get their country back.

The Ukrainian refugee ‘addition’ to our family has just returned from 6 weeks in Kyiv to see their Dad. A normally positive person, she seems a bit down about it. To see her loved, peaceful homeland attacked by a murderer and his war machine, lives lost, treasured countryside and towns destroyed.

To the 2 or 3 Putin apologists/fanboys who lurk around this thread from time to time, think about that before posting your uncaring whataboutery.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They are now going to come straight off the production line and not from the US Army stocks. They won't get the Depleted Uranium armour, which will be substituted, and there may well be other customisations.

So although a year sounds like a long time, it may be a realistic worst case estimate ( or deliberate misinformation ).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are now going to come straight off the production line and not from the US Army stocks. They won't get the Depleted Uranium armour, which will be substituted, and there may well be other customisations.

So although a year sounds like a long time, it may be a realistic worst case estimate ( or deliberate misinformation ).
But they’re getting 80 Leopard 2 tanks from EU nations almost straight away.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Someone's got to manufacture white flags.
Yep. Came in handy during World Cup. Couldn’t get an England flag for love nor money, so got a French one and just painted a red cross on it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Putin has clearly shat in his own bed, I wonder how long his 'mates' in the Kremlin will put up with him?
He’s gone suspiciously quiet recently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here