Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Or he will target Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia as he will feel that they can be rolled over easily...
I could see that happening, but hopefully less likely as all 3 are in NATO. An attack on any of them should trigger an immediate NATO response. Putin knows that, but maybe that’s what he wants to test - who blinks first?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I absolutely think Putin will use nuclear weapons. I think it’s inevitable.

I dont personally. or if he did, one tactical as a warning shot, but mass nuclear attack..... no chance. He knows thats instant death and hes terrified of dying imho

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I read today!

"Liz Truss called up Zelensky today to talk about support for the absolute chaos thats going on right now....... Zelensky said, we've heard about your budget shambles chaos and you have our full support Prime Minster"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This is terrifying, from yesterday. Reminds me of Hitler!

I've never seen Putin looking so joyous. He is at his happiest when restoring Russia's lands to, in his eyes, its 'rightful' owners.

I hope he doesn't feel too unhappy when Ukraine disabuses him of his delusion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Maybe they’re just trying to hold his shaking and twitching hand still for the photo, seeing as he doesn’t have his usual giant table to grip onto?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I mean a build up of troops on a war footing. Carrying out exercises and reinforcing existing troops.

All of which happened. There were numerous NATO exercises in eastern NATO countries and troops guarding the boarders were increased by 30,000 rapid response, combat ready troops. Heavy armoury was also moved to the boarders.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Saw this and it made me chuckle.

Fd-P4JmXEAAE98e.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Early reports that the liberation of Lyman has begun.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Early reports that the liberation of Lyman has begun.

Reckoned to be somewhere between 1500 and 5000 Russian/separatist soldiers in Lyman that are surrounded, I hope they surrender quickly.
In 2014 a large number of Ukrainian fighters were surrounded, Russian and separatist fighters agreed to let them walk out if they left their weapons, then slaughtered them as they marched out unarmed. I hope we don't see anything like that here, but if I had seen what some of the Ukrainians have seen in the towns and villages they have already liberated, I am not sure I would behave properly.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
All of which happened. There were numerous NATO exercises in eastern NATO countries and troops guarding the boarders were increased by 30,000 rapid response, combat ready troops. Heavy armoury was also moved to the boarders.

Russia's land border is just over 20,000 kilometres long. Of that, less than one- sixteenth (1,215 kilometres), is currently shared with NATO members.

That border will of course change significantly now that Finland have gotten twitchy about the aggressive colonialism of their neigbour and have applied to join NATO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here