Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Russia 2018 WC unfounded fears

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I also think a fair few England fans saw what happened in France, many of them first hand, and thought "there's no ****ing way I'm going to Russia" complete of their own accord.

They didn't need any scaremongering from the press or politicians to reach that conclusion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One thing I did see was the Russian fan that jumped on a Police car to celebrate the win over Spain and was immediately set upon buy the Police. I think that may have been a 'you were warned about acting like a knob' message.
God rest his sole. Of course it was silly of him to be mucking about like that with his heart condition, but still, it's a sad loss of life.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
All it will take is one carefully LUZZED chair and everything will come crashing down.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting seeing comments saying the Western press did propaganda against Russia when it is Putin using this World Cup as propaganda against the Western Press. The fact that state is able to keep the hooligan element in check so effectively shows the Russians know exactly who the hooligans are and so could have punished them after the Euros if they had the desire to do so. Putin and the government aren't allowing anyone to spoil this tournament so they want the positive news from a trouble free spectacle.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
With the build up to the World Cup being in Russia the predictions were not to go as dangerous or at least you will not be made very welcome, we'll happily none of these predictions so far have materialised more than that just watching the Columbia v Japan game just seen a clip from the crowd all smiles beers in hand both sets of fans mingling no trouble, leaves me thinking have we been feed a load of anti Russia propaganda or is the iron fist of Russia keeping the lid on things?
Wait until Russia go out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I also think a fair few England fans saw what happened in France, many of them first hand, and thought "there's no ****ing way I'm going to Russia" complete of their own accord.

They didn't need any scaremongering from the press or politicians to reach that conclusion.

To be fair, that was me. And the BBC documentary on Russian hooligans. Massive coward.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If I was black and Islam took over Britain I would go to the Caribbean.

What a really strange post. Do you think Islam will take over Britain soon? Do you think you'll be black soon? :shrug:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A World Cup is not a World Cup without chair luzzing.
It should never have been given to Russia as they have ruined all the pre and post match fun with the threat of a spell in the Siberian salt mines.
Same next time as well with the threat of 100 lashes and your hands chopped off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What? There is at least one stupid question in there. It was a smart arse answer to a smart arse answer. Nothing to be taken seriously. NSC at its best.

Sorry mate - you'd whooshed me :lolol::wozza:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Interesting seeing comments saying the Western press did propaganda against Russia when it is Putin using this World Cup as propaganda against the Western Press. The fact that state is able to keep the hooligan element in check so effectively shows the Russians know exactly who the hooligans are and so could have punished them after the Euros if they had the desire to do so. Putin and the government aren't allowing anyone to spoil this tournament so they want the positive news from a trouble free spectacle.
Spot on. Putin just sent the boys round to make sure the hooli attack dogs were kept in their kennels. Next tournament they'll be free/encouraged to beat the crap out of whoever they like. Which is defenceless England fans for the most part.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
I had 11 nights over there, absolutely loved every minute of it. Flew into Rostov via Georgia then overnight train to Volgograd. Stayed there for 5 days, the people were amazing, so friendly and helpful. Fascinating city because of the history, the people were extremely proud of their city and their country, they kept asking me about Coventry (they are twinned), both cities were flattened in the war.
From there had a Friday night in Moscow, wow, that place has changed! 11 years ago I was there for the England game under McLaren, it was grey, cold, moody, expensive, what a s**thole, now, it's like Paris or Milan, beautiful people, great bars and clubs, the streets filled with people who want to party, what an amazing night.
Then onto Nizhny, what a great place, I'd never heard of it but it is a beautiful city where the Volga and Oka rivers meet, great atmosphere in the city all weekend, had a fantastic time.
Then back to Moscow and unfortunately back home, what an amazing trip.

Yes, what is going on in Russia at the moment is not the 'norm' but the people aren't stupid. They know how to party and they are fiercely proud of their country, Putin won the election because he got the most votes, every single Russian I met voted for him and looking at the country now and how it was 11 years ago you can see why. It's a fascinating country with some of the warmest and friendliest people I have ever met. I'm so glad I went.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wait until Russia go out.

This! And I love the way fans are being used to propagate Putin's agenda. Attend a few harmonious football matches (whilst the eyes of the world are upon Russia) and all of a sudden Western foreign policy is all wrong! Since when did Dave from Hornchurch and Rob from Lancashire become geo-political experts because they've been to a couple of Russian cities and met a few nice locals? Did Crimea not get invaded? Is Ukraine not engulfed in war? The Baltic states fear for their sovereignty? A brutal dictator in Syria kept in power? Salisbury? And endless meddling in western elections and daily cyber attacks including on the NHS.

Yes, I'm sure the local population are very hospitable, the Wehrmacht were on the whole too. Sake...wake up fools, Russia's no close friend of ours just because a state controlled world event is well choreographed. The drugs test results aren't even in yet either! Talk about short memories, everything's forgotten just so long as football triumphs. It really is shameless how duped some of the BBC reporters especially have been. It's a military dictatorship for christ's sake. And an anti-western one too.

Anyway, back to the football. Come on ENGLAND!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This! And I love the way fans are being used to propagate Putin's agenda. Attend a few harmonious football matches (whilst the eyes of the world are upon Russia) and all of a sudden Western foreign policy is all wrong! Since when did Dave from Hornchurch and Rob from Lancashire become geo-political experts because they've been to a couple of Russian cities and met a few nice locals? Did Crimea not get invaded? Is Ukraine not engulfed in war? The Baltic states fear for their sovereignty? A brutal dictator in Syria kept in power? Salisbury? And endless meddling in western elections and daily cyber attacks including on the NHS.

Yes, I'm sure the local population are very hospitable, the Wehrmacht were on the whole too. Sake...wake up fools, Russia's no close friend of ours just because a state controlled world event is well choreographed. The drugs test results aren't even in yet either! Talk about short memories, everything's forgotten just so long as football triumphs. It really is shameless how duped some of the BBC reporters especially have been. It's a military dictatorship for christ's sake. And an anti-western one too.

Anyway, back to the football. Come on ENGLAND!

Double standards. Crimea is Russia’s Gibraltar so demands to hand it over to NATO is daft.

With the breaking down of the old Soviet Union and the amount of nuclear weapons available, the west needed a strong leader in Moscow. Our government has played a part in everything bad in the world we live in today anyway, and If only we had set a good example to the world we would have earned the right to critisise others. We love holding other leaders accountable for their actions but we don't to our own.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Double standards. Crimea is Russia’s Gibraltar so demands to hand it over to NATO is daft.

With the breaking down of the old Soviet Union and the amount of nuclear weapons available, the west needed a strong leader in Moscow. Our government has played a part in everything bad in the world we live in today anyway, and If only we had set a good example to the world we would have earned the right to critisise others. We love holding other leaders accountable for their actions but we don't to our own.

Hmm, some truth in what you say but May ain't no Putin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here