Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Warm applause all round.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
A heros' welcome for Russell Slade. Anything else is a disgrace to the guy.

[yt]v25mpeOlW-8[/yt]

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Applause prior to the game and thats it. Then its "who are you, who are you, who are you"

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Aug 30 for the JPT, along with Dean Cox and Alex Revell.

What type of reception will you give them?

That's the Bank Holiday Monday isn't it? I'd have thought it would be on Tuesday 31st.

Hopefully a very good reception. I'm sure it will be.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
legend.

saved us from facing the prospect of opening Falmer in League 2,

Deserves a standing ovation

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
He deserves a good reception, i dont go along with the "he saved us, the mesiah" bollocks as i had pointed out elsewhere before he was sacked.

However i am 100% sure he did his absolute best for Brighton and was let down by the players.

I wont be there but if i was he would get a warm round of applause from me.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
For me, legends are the people who make a contribution that defines the destiny of the club. Although he was here for a short time I think Russell did that. Without him we'd be in league two, and from there we would never have attracted Gus or half the players we have now, meaning there would be no guarantee we'd have come back up quickly. He's a legend.

The most sensible thing I've seen you post on here. 100% agree.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
For me, legends are the people who make a contribution that defines the destiny of the club. Although he was here for a short time I think Russell did that. Without him we'd be in league two, and from there we would never have attracted Gus or half the players we have now, meaning there would be no guarantee we'd have come back up quickly. He's a legend.

Quite right TCB (never thought Id say that) in respect of legend definition. Unfortunately with some rather shite signings and the loss of form/changing room/anything else which you want to add here....... I can understand why some people question legend.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Actually, you could just be right

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
legend [ˈlɛdʒənd]
n
1. a popular story handed down from earlier times whose truth has not been ascertained
2. a group of such stories the Arthurian legend
3. a modern story that has taken on the characteristics of a traditional legendary tale
4. a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits
5. an inscription or title, as on a coin or beneath a coat of arms
6. explanatory matter accompanying a table, map, chart, etc.
7. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms)
a. a story of the life of a saint
b. a collection of such stories
[C14 (in the sense: a saint's life or a collection of saints' lives): from Medieval Latin legenda passages to be read, from Latin legere to read]
legendry n

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

I happen to think you are right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here