Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Top bloke, nice guy. But with a playing career and background spent exclusively at the fag-end of the Football League with a series of tinpot, two-bob clubs (including our own when we were playing at a sports centre), I'm not sure he has the CV or the cajones to be dealing, or be taken seriously by cossetted multi-millionaire Premier League and International footballers. They'd just be expecting him to park their cars, fetch their milk and give the bibs out.

He'd get completely chewed up in the PL.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Great guy but needs time to build a team like he did at Orient and Yeovil. You don't get that time in the Premiership.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
For West Brom, I really think they should be looking to get in someone along the lines of Lambert, Moyes maybe even try and pinch Pulis they need someone who will offer stability after last season, they cant risk putting someone in charge with little to no experiance in the top flight. They need to hang around again next year and should really be pushing for a cup final much like Swansea, Hull and Sunderland have done in recent years.

Well it wont be Moyes will it, have you not heared.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Top bloke, nice guy. But with a playing career and background spent exclusively at the fag-end of the Football League with a series of tinpot, two-bob clubs (including our own when we were playing at a sports centre), I'm not sure he has the CV or the cajones to be dealing, or be taken seriously by cossetted multi-millionaire Premier League and International footballers. They'd just be expecting him to park their cars, fetch their milk and give the bibs out.

Which is what happened to Paul Sturrock at Southampton. And that's why I'd love to see James Beattie fail as a Premier League manager (not that the talentless oaf will ever get that far up the pyramid).

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Virtually what I would have written so saves me the job!

On a side issue, this weekends play off between Orient and Rotherham is surely the ultimate manager match of the nice guy v the obnoxious hate figure. I really hope Sladey and Orient win. The thought of that red faced lardy wobbling around the Wembley turf giving it large isn't a pleasant thought.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Which is what happened to Paul Sturrock at Southampton. And that's why I'd love to see James Beattie fail as a Premier League manager (not that the talentless oaf will ever get that far up the pyramid).

Paul Sturrock is the only manager I've seen who's facial mannerisms seem to occur in slow motion. He has the slowest blink I've ever seen, and in most post-match interviews seemed to be slightly drunk.

As for Beattie, unlike Slade he did at least spent the majority of his playing career in the top flight and has a couple of England caps to boot, so he'd have a little more career currency to play with in that respect...but no, I can't see him ever landing a PL job.

Unless I'm missing something, I always thought he was relatively inoffensive. What did Beattie do to attract your ire ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here