Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade - Escapologist

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
On the train journey home today, we decided that Slade should not sign a full time contract with anyone, just be a professional end of season manager.

He could be available for only the last month of the season. Charge a full years wage, but offers a guarantee of safety, else, he'll not get paid a penny.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With all due respect to the man, Orient weren't in the relegation zone when he joined them, so it doesn't exactly strike me as a miracle that they're not going down.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nice guy & I wish him well, but he's hardly worked a miracle this time.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Slade in a top man.

A trip to Orient is always a good day out so glad they stayed up.

Next season could be the last time we are in the same league as them

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Nice guy & I wish him well, but he's hardly worked a miracle this time.

Thier form before he took over was shocking. They were a bookies pick for relegation. He's done a good job. Beating Norwich was a big factor too.

Last edited:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Their form before his arrival...

DWDDLDDLLWLLLL (one win in 12)

Since his appointment...

DWWLW

Including a win against Championship bound Norwich.

Blimey that is a turnaround. I had a bet on them going down but he's a bald legend and I'll look forward to another London fixture next season.

With all due respect to the man, Orient weren't in the relegation zone when he joined them, so it doesn't exactly strike me as a miracle that they're not going down.

Utter cack - they were in freefall and in no time he has turned them from relegation fodder with 3 wins and a draw in 5 games including beating Norwich - more like serious promotion form - the bloke deserves huge credit and a decent contract - well done Russ :clap::clap::clap:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I hope he can kick on and have a better second season than he did with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here