Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Russell Slade and football data.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What next? Pascal Gross seeking to protect the “Gross Turn” (bear with me a minute) preventing any other player attempting or executing it. I doubt his predecessor Johan Cryuff (or his estate) owned such intellectual property rights

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Pretty pointless given that most players put so much on social media anyway. If it was so much of an issue would we all have to pay to follow them on twatter, instagrab etc etc

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Interesting because if footballers could protect their data then surely cricketers could follow suit?

That's said they should definitely have the right to view their own data as mistakes do get made.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I can't imagine any other profession where hundreds of companies would legitimately be allowed to profit from data you haven't consented to sharing. Good on Russell I say

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
What about when MOTD tells us how many touches a player had? Or the distance they covered? Is that a breach of data protection?

This isn't personal information the players have handed over to someone with an expectation of privacy. If they don't want someone counting their touches, or measuring their performance and using that information, they had better insist on playing behind closed doors and working to end all broadcasting of football matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here