Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Brand.........

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
it would result in Uk corporations paying their fair share,the rest of the world and European corporations can carry on playing the system if they want.
I am not convinced that this would be the case. Australian corporations pay very little tax by playing the system.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am not convinced that this would be the case. Australian corporations pay very little tax by playing the system.

well then thats an Australian problem,not a UK problem.

perhaps the question should be worded differently,if the UK left the EU( and the protectionism it affords to moving corporate assets around the EU to avoid paying tax) how would Uk corporations be able to continue this abuse with the EU

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
well then thats an Australian problem,not a UK problem.

perhaps the question should be worded differently,if the UK left the EU( and the protectionism it affords to moving corporate assets around the EU to avoid paying tax) how would Uk corporations be able to continue this abuse with the EU

It isn't an Australian or UK problem it is a global one. If the corporate tax accountants don't use EU loop holes to avoid paying they will simply find global ones and move to countries that will charge them the least. (if they can't find them they will get lobby groups to create them). This problem doesn't have a localised solution global entities require global solutions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It isn't an Australian or UK problem it is a global one. If the corporate tax accountants don't use EU loop holes to avoid paying they will simply find global ones and move to countries that will charge them the least. (if they can't find them they will get lobby groups to create them). This problem doesn't have a localised solution global entities require global solutions.

sorry i think we are going to agree to disagree.

yes it is a global issue,but it cant be solve globally or even if it could it would take years and years of negotiations.its up to individual nations to close their tax loopholes now through legislation. If they are part of a community that will not currently allow this because that community currently does not allow this to happen or even seem unwilling at immediate change.............i would question whether or not i want to be in their gang.

If we left the EU and changed our tax legislation to stop corporate avoidance elsewhere also(say in the Cayman islands)......and there is huge support for this.......surely the question would be if we can do it why cant everyone else?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
sorry i think we are going to agree to disagree.

yes it is a global issue,but it cant be solve globally or even if it could it would take years and years of negotiations.its up to individual nations to close their tax loopholes now through legislation. If they are part of a community that will not currently allow this because that community currently does not allow this to happen or even seem unwilling at immediate change.............i would question whether or not i want to be in their gang.

If we left the EU and changed our tax legislation to stop corporate avoidance elsewhere also(say in the Cayman islands)......and there is huge support for this.......surely the question would be if we can do it why cant everyone else?
Very good point and on reflection I agree, it would be awesome to see the UK take these steps and lead the way. I have to say though even if the UK left the EU I can't see it happening. The government have too many ties to the corporations they should be regulating.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Very good point and on reflection I agree, it would be awesome to see the UK take these steps and lead the way. I have to say though even if the UK left the EU I can't see it happening.The government have too many ties to the corporations they should be regulating.

mate......play the game.......you cant even see it happening if we left the EU? do you really think if we left the EU corporations could hide behind EU policy of tax evasion......no of course you dont

yes they have ties....but plenty of people across the whole political spectrum in the UK are demanding a stop to this ballsackness......but what can you do when your hands are tied

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

This will probably be my last post due to many family commitments over Xmas -thank goodness for that, do I hear you say. I thank you all for your replies and reading my posts. Without exception, I wish you all a very pleasant Christmas break and of course a healthy and successful New Year, not forgetting Boxing Day -do please give them a cheer from me, as I cannot make it. Whilst we may all disagree, at least we have the luxury of being able to put forward our views, and that is always something to cherish. Have a lovely holiday, all of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here