• Bellend

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Everyone already knew he had very questionable morals, no respect for women, selfish, egotistic, narcissistic and lots of other words. He never stopped going on about it.
The programme juxtaposed Brand with Saville (thanks to a useful interview between the pair).
Both allegedly committed indecent acts in plain site.

As you say, Brand’s thing was ‘tricking’ women into sleeping with him. He bedded thousands.

None of these allegations are surprising to me because treating women like disposable sex aids is likely to get you into a lot of trouble. What does surprise me is that the journalists have only managed to find under half a dozen women to come forward.

I don’t know why thousands of women have not come forward with more complaints but my guess is that they would see the experience as consensual and somehow transactional. They got their hands on fame and glamour for a brief moment whilst Brand momentarily satisfied his astonishing sexual appetite.

I might be wrong. Many women might come forward now if they consider what they actually meant to him (nothing). His behaviour in the accounts I’ve heard is inexcusable. Perhaps the seal is now broken and this story will roll and roll.

Hopefully he now disappears from social media and public life forever as his latest Tatesque conspiracy nonsense is pathetic otherwise he could be in a lot of trouble. If I believed in reincarnation, I’d have him down as Rasputin, we all know what happened to him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In part selection bias by recruiting graduates only and of an ilk. It used to be fairly rightwing but thats changed, a lack of viewpoint diversity coupled with cancelling those of the wrong opinion.

It's seems to me there are plenty in the media railing against woke etc.

I guess you just don't like the fact that, in general, liberal attitudes on social issues are becoming more widespread across the country. Of course, this is reflected to some extent in the media. Dissenting voices aren't unheard though.

The Sun and Mail are the most popular online newspapers. Have they been "captured" by the left?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Falling exactly into the trap that Brand and his PR people want you to. Making this political, immediate diversion to debating left/right/MSM/wokeism etc etc etc.

Obfuscating the facts behind constant diversions. Like a barrister in court picking apart the tiniest and least important piece of evidence in order to bamboozle a jury about what the case was about in the first place.

Like Andrew Tate, Donald Trump and many more politicising serious allegations is perfect strategy for Brand. Changes the narrative from “alleged rapist” to “freedom fighter”.

And it bloody works, too. Just look at the last few pages

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Falling exactly into the trap that Brand and his PR people want you to. Making this political, immediate diversion to debating left/right/MSM/wokeism etc etc etc.

Obfuscating the facts behind constant diversions. Like a barrister in court picking apart the tiniest and least important piece of evidence in order to bamboozle a jury about what the case was about in the first place.

Like Andrew Tate, Donald Trump and many more politicising serious allegations is perfect strategy for Brand. Changes the narrative from “alleged rapist” to “freedom fighter”.

And it bloody works, too. Just look at the last few pages

I agree. But only for watchers without focus, or in this case people who can’t stand the Me Too movement.

Thankfully many others have laser focus on seeing abusers facing justice.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The programme juxtaposed Brand with Saville (thanks to a useful interview between the pair).

As you say, Brand’s thing was ‘tricking’ women into sleeping with him. He bedded thousands.

None of these allegations are surprising to me because treating women like disposable sex aids is likely to get you into a lot of trouble. What does surprise me is that the journalists have only managed to find under half a dozen women to come forward.

I don’t know why thousands of women have not come forward with more complaints but my guess is that they would see the experience as consensual and somehow transactional. They got their hands on fame and glamour for a brief moment whilst Brand momentarily satisfied his astonishing sexual appetite.

I might be wrong. Many women might come forward now if they consider what they actually meant to him (nothing). His behaviour in the accounts I’ve heard is inexcusable. Perhaps the seal is now broken and this story will roll and roll.

Hopefully he now disappears from social media and public life forever as his latest Tatesque conspiracy nonsense is pathetic otherwise he could be in a lot of trouble. If I believed in reincarnation, I’d have him down as Rasputin, we all know what happened to him.
No chance. Why would that happen?
It’s not like he needs the backing of the BBC or can be shutdown. He has his own platform with his own army of followers. He will be fine on that score. He will gain some followers out of this too.

Generally, I find the whole thing confusing and uncomfortable because It’s become a trial by social media.
This shouldn’t have been a TV programme, The allegations should have been investigated by the police.
If the alleged victims didn’t feel able to report them, were put off by scary lawyers and were ultimately unable to seek justice that is as much as a scandal as anything else.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
No chance. Why would that happen?
It’s not like he needs the backing of the BBC or can be shutdown. He has his own platform with his own army of followers. He will be fine on that score. He will gain some followers out of this too.

Generally, I find the whole thing confusing and uncomfortable because It’s become a trial by social media.
This shouldn’t have been a TV programme, The allegations should have been investigated by the police.
If the alleged victims didn’t feel able to report them, were put off by scary lawyers and were ultimately unable to seek justice that is as much as a scandal as anything else.
Which you are contributing to by posting in this thread.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I Think it is, I doubt these women just found each other and more like the papers put out enquiries to see what they can come up with. Was the same for Tate, Trump and others. When they start getting popular and considered a threat all the allegations are made. Trial by media.

Also operating to a different play book now, take the kiss that you mentioned, yes wrong on many levels but the outrage ramped up is on another level.

Its called institutional capture where the left have taken over the MSM and Academia and the Right counter culture increasingly comedy, music etc. I'm not talking in absolutes but it allows leftist causes to be elevated beyond what would normally considered reasonable exposure. It also allows people on the left like Brand to be smeared as far-right.
When I read stuff like this the chorus of GLC by Menace springs to mind, but with a substitution of ‘Dingo’ For GLC. Sadly Crawley Dingo doesn’t really run But no matter.

Dingo, Dingo
Dingo, Dingo
You're full of shit, shit
Shit shit shit shit

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
It's seems to me there are plenty in the media railing against woke etc.

I guess you just don't like the fact that, in general, liberal attitudes on social issues are becoming more widespread across the country. Of course, this is reflected to some extent in the media. Dissenting voices aren't unheard though.

The Sun and Mail are the most popular online newspapers. Have they been "captured" by the left?
Extreme left views are not becoming more popular thats the point.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
When I read stuff like this the chorus of GLC by Menace springs to mind, but with a substitution of ‘Dingo’ For GLC. Sadly Crawley Dingo doesn’t really run But no matter.

Dingo, Dingo
Dingo, Dingo
You're full of shit, shit
Shit shit shit shit

No attempt to explain why so means you are full of shit unless you are being ironic.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
They did everything to cover for him, supressing the story on Twitter before the election then offering him a sweetheart plee deal that the judge blew out as outragous.
It all got brushed under the carpet very quickly, most of the sick evil photos were never released by mainstream media. The whole Biden family are iffy. the president was accused by his own family of abuse.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Seems fairly obvious he's spent the last few years distancing himself as much as possible from his past. At the same time doing talks at women charities and banging on about the media/conspiracies. Almost as if he knew this day would come..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I can imagine the meeting in Channel HQ yesterday.

After years of investigation, tracking people down, trips abroad, constant legal and compliance challenges and last minute edits the production team finally get to show the Head of Commissioning and the in-house legal team the final version.

After the credits roll, the Head of Commissioning turns to the producer and says that's very good journalism but we can never let that go out.

"Why?" says the producer, to which the Head of Commissioning replies:

"You failed to mention Hunter Biden's laptop."

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
if it’s ‘not’ then what is he damned for? And as far as he’s concerned, so what?
Unless he’s convicted then this extensive investigation is meaningless.
Everyone already knew he had very questionable morals, no respect for women, selfish, egotistic, narcissistic and lots of other words. He never stopped going on about it.
The makers of the programme were obviously very proud of how much effort they put in. It wasn’t exactly revelatory though was it. More like he’s an easy hit if you want to do a programme like that.
There are no doubt many celebs, politicians etc who trade off being nice, respectable people. Those are the ones to bring to the wicket.
Btw - not condoNing rape or Brand in general (although I find some of the moralising here a bit much).
He’s damned because innocent or not, damage is done. However unfair that might be. No different to any other public figure in that respect.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I never thought he was funny, his sense of humour often revolved around sexual continuations and I don’t find jokes about sex funny to be honest I find them uncomfortable if the truth be known, that’s not just him any comedian to be fair.
That and his appearance just bugged me, he was full of himself the type of character I avoid.

Anyways, I watched the programme last night and again this afternoon with the wife. I don’t know if he’s guilty or not, or if there’s enough there to prove anything in a court of law. The one thing that stood out to me while watching it, I thought to myself, I’m sure I’ve heard this all before, the manipulation and cohesive behaviour, the jokes with sexual connotations, then it dawned on me….

The documentary on Bill Cosby.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Let’s face it. The guy’s a shit. Is now, always has been. I’ve always despised this horrible piece of work and will rejoice in his comeuppance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports