• Legend

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Bellend

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Maybe I'm slightly biased as I've met him many times as he was my neighbour for over a year but the revelations came as a big surprise to me as he seems a very, very different character in person.

I cant help but feel a great deal of his media persona and the behaviours revealed in recent days were made worse by his environment. His overtly sexual personality, constant crossing of lines were what made him popular and ultimately made him the commercial success he was, maybe there was an element of playing up to the character and in turn adopting some very unpleasant beahviours, particularly if he was already suffering with addiction.

I'm not for one second condoning his behaviour these accusations are very serious but none of us can really say how we would act if we were put on a pedestal like he was at the time, he was arguably Britain's biggest sex icon. Add to the fact he was diagnosed with sex addiction, it was a recipe for disaster.

IMO his producers have lot ot awnser for as he was as vulnerable as his victims to an extent.
And he won The Sun's top staggered of the year 3 years ina row..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tell my about it and GB News and Talk TV have made things even worse and Murdoch struggles to get cross media ownership in radio, TV and print.

The woke blob are out of control

That was typically sly. A radio station morphed into live images as it broadcast (the norm these days), but then into a full blown TV station.

The Murdoch's shouldn't be allowed to have any form of ownership or control over a UK TV station.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I Think it is, I doubt these women just found each other and more like the papers put out enquiries to see what they can come up with. Was the same for Tate, Trump and others. When they start getting popular and considered a threat all the allegations are made. Trial by media.

Also operating to a different play book now, take the kiss that you mentioned, yes wrong on many levels but the outrage ramped up is on another level.

Its called institutional capture where the left have taken over the MSM and Academia and the Right counter culture increasingly comedy, music etc. I'm not talking in absolutes but it allows leftist causes to be elevated beyond what would normally considered reasonable exposure. It also allows people on the left like Brand to be smeared as far-right.
You’re such a victim.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I guess it highlights how silly it is to publicly brag about how many women you’ve shagged, how you did it, how substance affected you were at the time, and how mean newspapers are for repeating what you said about shagging women while high on a cocktail of alcohol and illegal substances.

He’s left himself open to all sorts of allegations, being so overt.

That industry is rife with covert predators that will never be outed though. One of the worst I ever had the misfortune to spend time around was a children’s TV presenter.

When he wasn’t shoving his hand up a puppet to the delight of children the country over, he was plying women with all kinds of drugs and coercing them into all sorts.

Horrible industry that I spent a thankfully short amount of time in. Foul people doing foul deeds, 24/7.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Neither of these cases amounted to coercive control. As noted above the first case was a complaint about how Brand behaved in a relationship. In the second, the employee appeared to think that it was in her contract to do whatever Brand wanted. I must admit one of my eyebrows raised itself a millimeter when I heard her account. It would be hard to convince a jury this amounted to coercive control.

I'd like to think that cases like this may help the laws to be changed even further. Every employee who deals with other employees or the public/customers should have it drilled into them that there are lines that cannot be crossed and that they are required to be safe by laws. This requires a complaints procedure that is fit for purpose. My understanding is that in some places (I don't know where but parts of America may fit this bill) if a someone asks someone to come on a date with them, and there is a work-related connection, this constitutes an offence. This may seem a bit harsh but I rather like it. Unfortunately it would mean that I would never have got together with Mrs T (we met through work) and our age difference (bigger than Brand and the 16 year old) would have meant I would be open to a coercive control charge. But so be it. If laws are needed to keep the vulnerable safe from predators then let's have some laws.

(I do hope we don't get any old school types on this thread bemoaning lefty political correctness, hankering for the good old days when you could slap the secretary's arse, and declaring they could tell whether someone was 'up for it' or not ('frigid'), but I fear that someone of that brand is bound to be along in a minute).
I think you need to rewatch it and pay close attention to exactly what the then 16 year old recounts.

Do you remember when she talked about him telling her to stay in the bath until he came back and her being frightened to get out even though it was cold? Telling her that she would wear a certain dress on a date with him? Placing her in the backseat to drive her home after he had had intercourse with her one evening and seemingly having no further use for her? Forcing his penis in her mouth so she had to punch him to get him off her and telling her he only did it because he wanted to see her mascara run? Referring to her has a little ‘dolly’?

If you are in any doubt:

Coercive control is an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
he was my neighbour for over a year but the revelations came as a big surprise to me as he seems a very, very different character in person.
My neighbours only ever see me on my very best behaviour…I spent time with the bloke, under the influence in bars and clubs, and shared acquaintances with the guy, (even taking an urgent visit to the clinic upon the revelation I was lucky enough to enjoy his sloppy seconds) and as I said before, I’m shocked it’s taken this long…

…that said, the bloke is CLEARLY the worst kind of deviant, no question, ‘IMO’ (none of us can offer any more than that) BUT, having watched the program, it predominantly felt to me like a fishing expedition in an attempt to (rightly) destroy his career, (which won’t happen as he’s already insulated himself ‘online’ with zero dependency any longer on main stream entertainment.) knowing they don’t ‘yet’ have enough to satisfy a court of law. I believe all of it, and think his sexual exploits consistently walked that dangerous line, and no doubt crossed it on numerous occasions, but would a jury, enough to prosecute him without any reasonable doubt? I don’t think so!

His treatment of women is/was disgusting!

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I Think it is, I doubt these women just found each other and more like the papers put out enquiries to see what they can come up with. Was the same for Tate, Trump and others. When they start getting popular and considered a threat all the allegations are made. Trial by media.

Also operating to a different play book now, take the kiss that you mentioned, yes wrong on many levels but the outrage ramped up is on another level.

Its called institutional capture where the left have taken over the MSM and Academia and the Right counter culture increasingly comedy, music etc. I'm not talking in absolutes but it allows leftist causes to be elevated beyond what would normally considered reasonable exposure. It also allows people on the left like Brand to be smeared as far-right.
The Spanish judge on Friday didn’t think it was ramped up. He looked at the facts (not emotions) and issued a restraining order. The judge will then look at the facts, videos, and statements to see if there is a criminal case to answer.

No witch-hunt, no emotions, no outrage, just facts within the framework of the law.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I guess it highlights how silly it is to publicly brag about how many women you’ve shagged, how you did it, how substance affected you were at the time, and how mean newspapers are for repeating what you said about shagging women
Wife and I said exactly this, regardless of whether he’s committed a criminal act or not, he’s damned now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you need to rewatch it and pay close attention to exactly what the then 16 year old recounts.

Do you remember when she talked about him telling her to stay in the bath until he came back and her being frightened to get out even though it was cold? Telling her that she would wear a certain dress on a date with him? Driving her home after he had had intercourse with her one evening and seemingly no further use for her? Forcing his penis in her mouth so she had to punch him to get him off her and telling her he only did it because he wanted to see her mascara run? Referring to her has a little ‘dolly’?

If you are in any doubt:

Coercive control is an act or a pattern of acts of assault, threats, humiliation and intimidation or other abuse that is used to harm, punish, or frighten their victim.
Yes, I saw that. Vey unpleasant allegations. The edit showed him describing, in his act, doing much of this, getting on for 20 years ago. Making the mascara run and making the girl choke. To much audience laughter.

I would be interested to know when the allegations were alleged to have taken place. It may simply be idle curiosity on my part but I'd like to know how he managed to have a 'relationship' with this 16 year old, and what her circumstances were. On this occasion we are being invited to decide who we believe. I don't feel that I am sufficiently informed yet to decide what I 'believe' let alone judge what is reasonably safe to consider proven fact. Personally if someone asked me sit in a bath of cold water for hours till it went cold, I'm not sure I'd have been grateful to be released and carry on as if nothing had happened. Unless they used another voiceover, the girl/woman sounded educated and coherent to me.

Brand has a self-confessed catalogue of outrageous and abusive behaviour with women who, nevertheless, in full knowledge of his schtick, queue up to be shagged by him (and more). I would be interested to know how this 16 year old came to be in a brief 'relationship' with Brand, and without apparently knowing the smallest thing about him. It may well all be true, but it is nevertheless most peculiar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think that forensically examining what adults get up to behind closed doors is a very dangerous road to travel.

You may be able to form a clearer view after watching the programme.
Unfortunately, in law, sometimes it has to be. There is such a thing as rape within marriage nowadays.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Yes, I saw that. Vey unpleasant allegations. The edit showed him describing, in his act, doing much of this, getting on for 20 years ago. Making the mascara run and making the girl choke. To much audience laughter.

I would be interested to know when the allegations were alleged to have taken place. It may simply be idle curiosity on my part but I'd like to know how he managed to have a 'relationship' with this 16 year old, and what her circumstances were. On this occasion we are being invited to decide who we believe. I don't feel that I am sufficiently informed yet to decide what I 'believe' let alone judge what is reasonably safe to consider proven fact. Personally if someone asked me sit in a bath of cold water for hours till it went cold, I'm not sure I'd have been grateful to be released and carry on as if nothing had happened. Unless they used another voiceover, the girl/woman sounded educated and coherent to me.

Brand has a self-confessed catalogue of outrageous and abusive behaviour with women who, nevertheless, in full knowledge of his schtick, queue up to be shagged by him (and more). I would be interested to know how this 16 year old came to be in a brief 'relationship' with Brand, and without apparently knowing the smallest thing about him. It may well all be true, but it is nevertheless most peculiar.
It is pretty much inevitable that this stuff will end up in a police investigation - and I suspect that a lot more victims will come forward now that his behaviour has been so starkly exposed and when the police start encouraging people to come forward.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Apparently he was 31 at the time.

Allegedly.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

It clearly states in Dispatches that it was when Brand was 30 so between 2005 and 2006.

It also states that ‘Alice’s’ friend worked in the same building that Brand presented an MTV show from and that is where they met.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Wife and I said exactly this, regardless of whether he’s committed a criminal act or not, he’s damned now.
if it’s ‘not’ then what is he damned for? And as far as he’s concerned, so what?
Unless he’s convicted then this extensive investigation is meaningless.
Everyone already knew he had very questionable morals, no respect for women, selfish, egotistic, narcissistic and lots of other words. He never stopped going on about it.
The makers of the programme were obviously very proud of how much effort they put in. It wasn’t exactly revelatory though was it. More like he’s an easy hit if you want to do a programme like that.
There are no doubt many celebs, politicians etc who trade off being nice, respectable people. Those are the ones to bring to the wicket.
Btw - not condoNing rape or Brand in general (although I find some of the moralising here a bit much).

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Explain how the MSM has been taken over by the left.

In part selection bias by recruiting graduates only and of an ilk. It used to be fairly rightwing but thats changed, a lack of viewpoint diversity coupled with cancelling those of the wrong opinion.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A poster earlier said a friend of their’s had sex with Brand and that she said he had an enormous you know what.
Well going by the below , either he’s a grower or there’s hope for us all.

NSFW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports