• Legend

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Bellend

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Its called institutional capture where the left have taken over the MSM and Academia and the Right counter culture increasingly comedy, music etc.

:ROFLMAO: So the Times, Telegraph, Mail, Express, Sun, Star, Sky, GB News, BBC, and all academic institutions are captured by the left and the only hope for the right is the army of right wing singers and comics? Think about what you're saying. For every liberal media outlet you could mention, you could name two or three conservative and for every right wing artist you could name, you could think of a dozen on the left.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The crap thing is that these days (maybe its always been the case) its just impossible to sort the fact from fiction. You have cases where a horrible person is correctly charged & found guilty of the documented sexual assault/rape, and then equally others where a horrible person will willingly ruin another persons life with false accusations. Almost an impossible task to decipher.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Explain how the MSM has been taken over by the left.
Tell my about it and GB News and Talk TV have made things even worse and Murdoch struggles to get cross media ownership in radio, TV and print.

The woke blob are out of control

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Struggling to get my head round that 23 people voted legend in the 2007 poll. ??? I know there was only 2 choices and those who liked him wouldn’t have voted bellend. A legend for what though?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
You appear to know different women from me. Who are these people? In fact, do I even want to know?

As for conspiracy.....perhaps I don't read the necessary 'newspapers', blogs, YouTube channels or whatever. I presume this is the stuff of 'influencers'. Sorry but that world is the latter-day manifestation of village witch craft as far as I'm concerned. Incidentally, did you know that Joan of Arc was probably a bloke?
Not people I know - comments I have seen on Youtube Streams and other internet places. Lumping them in with the women/girls my mum used to refer to as "no better than they ought to be" Obviously Twitter is full of trolls and bots but there are plenty of people who post elsewhere. Also, I assume there were a lot of women in the 2000 audience that gave him a standing ovation last night.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't see.....

Vs

You're dismissing coercive control/grooming of a 16-year-old as "heat of the moment"?!

You don't even say it's your opinion

Ok, I'll rephrase.

You're dismissing accusations of coercive control/grooming of a 16-year-old as "heat of the moment" - including getting a teen to run through a script to play-out with her dad!?

All perfectly normal relationship stuff, you think? No further questions?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A bounce after 15 years

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Struggling to get my head round that 23 people voted legend in the 2007 poll. ??? I know there was only 2 choices and those who liked him wouldn’t have voted bellend. A legend for what though?
He's a legendary bellend

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think that forensically examining what adults get up to behind closed doors is a very dangerous road to travel.

You may be able to form a clearer view after watching the programme.
I'm struggling with this comment, to be honest. The idea that when someone says they've been raped that we should not examine what they get up to? How do you investigate and prosecute rape without that?

I understand an idea of not examining what consenting adults get up to. But if one of them is claiming consent was not freely given, then we absolutely should examine what happened. To not do so would be a dangerous road.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Neither of these cases amounted to coercive control. As noted above the first case was a complaint about how Brand behaved in a relationship. In the second, the employee appeared to think that it was in her contract to do whatever Brand wanted. I must admit one of my eyebrows raised itself a millimeter when I heard her account. It would be hard to convince a jury this amounted to coercive control.

I'd like to think that cases like this may help the laws to be changed even further. Every employee who deals with other employees or the public/customers should have it drilled into them that there are lines that cannot be crossed and that they are required to be safe by laws. This requires a complaints procedure that is fit for purpose. My understanding is that in some places (I don't know where but parts of America may fit this bill) if a someone asks someone to come on a date with them, and there is a work-related connection, this constitutes an offence. This may seem a bit harsh but I rather like it. Unfortunately it would mean that I would never have got together with Mrs T (we met through work) and our age difference (bigger than Brand and the 16 year old) would have meant I would be open to a coercive control charge. But so be it. If laws are needed to keep the vulnerable safe from predators then let's have some laws.

(I do hope we don't get any old school types on this thread bemoaning lefty political correctness, hankering for the good old days when you could slap the secretary's arse, and declaring they could tell whether someone was 'up for it' or not ('frigid'), but I fear that someone of that brand is bound to be along in a minute).
Ah, the good old days. If they were "up for it" they wore stocking and sussies, no? Hot blood and big, big balls.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Maybe I'm slightly biased as I've met him many times as he was my neighbour for over a year but the revelations came as a big surprise to me as he seems a very, very different character in person.

I cant help but feel a great deal of his media persona and the behaviours revealed in recent days were made worse by his environment. His overtly sexual personality, constant crossing of lines were what made him popular and ultimately made him the commercial success he was, maybe there was an element of playing up to the character and in turn adopting some very unpleasant beahviours, particularly if he was already suffering with addiction.

I'm not for one second condoning his behaviour these accusations are very serious but none of us can really say how we would act if we were put on a pedestal like he was at the time, he was arguably Britain's biggest sex icon. Add to the fact he was diagnosed with sex addiction, it was a recipe for disaster.

IMO his producers have lot ot awnser for as he was as vulnerable as his victims to an extent.

joydivisionovengloves

Aug 10, 2019
N/E Somerset
So, Crawley Dingo. I'll quote your post

"I Think it is, I doubt these women just found each other and more like the papers put out enquiries to see what they can come up with. Was the same for Tate, Trump and others. When they start getting popular and considered a threat all the allegations are made. Trial by media.

Also operating to a different play book now, take the kiss that you mentioned, yes wrong on many levels but the outrage ramped up is on another level.

It's called institutional capture where the left have taken over the MSM and Academia and the Right counter culture increasingly comedy, music etc. I'm not talking in absolutes but it allows leftist causes to be elevated beyond what would normally considered reasonable exposure. It also allows people on the left like Brand to be smeared as far-right."

Firstly the three examples you give seem to be more than happy to use the media (mainstream or otherwise ) to promote themselves so should probably accept that the same media may one day turn around and bite them on the arse.

Second, which 'MSM' has been taken over by the left ? Sky News ? Fox News ? The Times ? The Daily Mail ? The Telegraph ? The Express ? The Sun ? The BBC News, Nick Robinson ? (former chairman of Oxford University Conservative association) Tory Party Donor , Sunaks old boss Richard Sharp former BBC Chairman, Member of the BBC Board Sir Robbie Gibb, who previously worked as Theresa May’s director of communications and helped to found the rightwing GB News channel ? BBC Director General former Conservative councillor Tim Davie ? My point being the right seem to be fairly well represented.

Thirdly why am I bothering to reply to this. As its clearly b*******.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Its called institutional capture where the left have taken over the MSM and Academia and the Right counter culture increasingly comedy, music etc.
Lots to :lolol::lolol:at in your post but really enjoyed the 'Right counter culture' bit about music and comedy. I guess you're referring to Right Said Fred and Lee Hurst 🤡

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Silly me, I thought you were making judgement.

"I don't see him being banged up for anything on that show."

I'm struggling with this comment, to be honest. The idea that when someone says they've been raped that we should not examine what they get up to? How do you investigate and prosecute rape without that?

I understand an idea of not examining what consenting adults get up to. But if one of them is claiming consent was not freely given, then we absolutely should examine what happened. To not do so would be a dangerous road.
I wasn't referring to the rape allegation. I was referring to the other stuff which most may find disgusting or unfathomable. My point was that it is dangerous to conflate the two.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Statement about how his mental health has been affected by all this is the logical next step.
If that happens (and why wouldn’t it ) it’ll be interesting to see how it goes down.
If it’s batted away with “well he would say that “, then where are we at with Huw and Schofe?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here