• Bellend

Votes: 49 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The idea that “the media” and “the establishment” are out to silence irrelevant, old, white men who peddle their gibberish on obscure YouTube channels and forgotten corners of broadcast media is frankly, ludicrous.

I really don’t think “the man” is concerning himself with some windswept porridge gobbler on GB “news” or the things wot Russell Brand ‘as to say abaaat God n that sort of fing.

And by the way, sending cars to take 16 yr old girls out of class so they can have sex with a thirty yr old is not acceptable behaviour and he should be pilloried for that alone.

Self obsessed, old smack-head.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He might not be guilty of any criminal offence, but his disrespectful ( bordering on misogynistic) attitude to women makes him a huge bellend in my eyes.
This.

Sort of weird little **** that some girls’ dad should have smacked in the mouth a long time ago.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
What happened to innocent until proved guilty in a court of law rather than the court of public opinion?
“Innocent until proven guilty” is a principle of (human rights) law that governs how the State must treat people accused of crimes.

"The court of public opinion" has always and will always be the prevailing discourse in a situation like this because if you're not acting on behalf of the State (or on a jury) in pursuit of criminal justice, you are free to hold opinions as you please*.

*providing they don't infringe on defamation laws.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Imagine the outrage if he had Japan's Imperial Flag in his hands.

He sounds like a dangerous individual through his actions and seems like a leach on humanity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The idea that “the media” and “the establishment” are out to silence irrelevant, old, white men who peddle their gibberish on obscure YouTube channels and forgotten corners of broadcast media is frankly, ludicrous.

I really don’t think “the man” is concerning himself with some windswept porridge gobbler on GB “news” or the things wot Russell Brand ‘as to say abaaat God n that sort of fing.

And by the way, sending cars to take 16 yr old girls out of class so they can have sex with a thirty yr old is not acceptable behaviour and he should be pilloried for that alone.

That had me in danger of inhaling my coffee :bowdown:

Yes, perhaps the Deayton outcome would be best. Hislop and Merton took the piss out of Deayton so relentlessly that his position on HIGNFY became untenable. I don't have a problem with Brand being ridiculed for being a twat.

But I am not happy that his income (youtube) has been blocked due to allegations of illegality when a court case doesn't seem remotely on the horizon (yet). Yes, a schoolteacher would be suspended (on full pay) if there were allegations about their conduct at school. Why should Brand be denied an income? It isn't as if Brand, pontificating about 5G and space aliens is bringing youtube into disrepute. FFS.

Also, call me morbid, call me pale, but I'd quite like to hear from Alice's mum.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A product of the fake media frenzy about cool Britannia era, lads will be lads period, that has been over time realised was all a fake, and misogynistic, the same period that people voted for a so called saviour that turned out to be nothing more than a watered down Tory, with some dubious fundamental and outdated religious beliefs and a war criminal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But I am not happy that his income (youtube) has been blocked due to allegations of illegality when a court case doesn't seem remotely on the horizon (yet).
I would imagine lots of advertisers with large budgets have told YouTube that they don't want their ads to appear in/alongside Brand's content, and that list will only get longer each day.

From their perspective, I guess it's simpler to just stop all ads for now.

I have similar issues, on a far smaller scale, on a near-daily basis with NSC and ads.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Post of the week, Clampy. Windswept Porridge Gobbler is a hell of a phrase.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He earns around £ 25 k a month, £ 300 k pa from his youtube, or rather did

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's the "mainstream media" argument that makes me chuckle.

As if YouTube and Twitter are underground platforms all the while the most popular "influencers" are making hundreds of thousands from corporate advertisers....

..outside the "matrix" man. WAKE UP

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I quite agree. I am in essence making 2 points in that it is trial by media and not the media reporting Brand being charged and secondly no doubt they have been digging in Farage's past which didn't work so they went for his bank balance and accounts. Brand would admit no doubt that being an ex promiscuous smack head would make him a likely suspect.

My crime if any is cynicism and not prepared to give the media the benefit of the doubt. To many people lap up what the media says when it suits their prejudices, I tend to believe the opposite of what they say as being nearer the truth.
I was going to bounce the Farage thread but seeing as you brought it up, this will do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Large number of far left nutbags too (& I'm on the left)

It's the horseshoe again, what separates Stalin from Hitler, not a lot.

Were you aware that Brand was highly interested in theories about pure German and Dutch bloodlines being tainted by alien blood? In those online spheres, a reference to Jewish people. I wasn't until @clapham_gull pointed out that Brand had reinvented himself as a conspiracy theorist, I then had a look at what lies he peddled or supported.

Regarding far left nut jobs in the West being anti-semitic, I think it's modern development, am I wrong? I can't recall the far left here being like that in say the 80's and 90's, many of the key folk were Jewish!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Regarding far left nut jobs in the West being anti-semitic, I think it's modern development, am I wrong? I can't recall the far left here being like that in say the 80's and 90's, many of the key folk were Jewish!

I've read a few books, the left have had a bit of a problem for years in the same way the right have. View have been exposed mainly through social media etc.. in recent years.

"Left" and "right" being somewhat meaningless a lot of the time when you throw conspiracy theories into the equation.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But I am not happy that his income (youtube) has been blocked due to allegations of illegality when a court case doesn't seem remotely on the horizon (yet). Yes, a schoolteacher would be suspended (on full pay) if there were allegations about their conduct at school. Why should Brand be denied an income? It isn't as if Brand, pontificating about 5G and space aliens is bringing youtube into disrepute. FFS.
I'm not 100% familiar with Youtube's terms of use off the top of my head, but if he's broken them then surely they're perfectly within their right to remove his income stream as he would have agreed to their rules when he joined?

It's not like a genuine public space, being on Youtube is being subject to their rules (just as it is to be here, or as it is to be at the Amex, neither are a God-given right) and if he's broken them (like I said, I don't know whether he has or not, but Youtube clearly think they have a case) then they're well within their right to take action. My Youtube page has never been popular enough to justify digging into it, but someone of his profile should have been aware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here