Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rumour Jayden Bogle

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What?

He made 26 Premier League starts, a further 9 as sub, and scored two goals. And you consider that he "barely got a kick." :shrug:

Okay, a bit harsh, but he certainly didn't have the kind of impact his reputation suggested he might IMHO (I'm not one for minute doubting his obviously huge potential).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All you armchair managers dismissing Bogle as a flop. Vardy went from Fleetwood to Championship Leicester and hasnt done bad. Ok so a championship player may not do well initially but its all about calculated guesswork. The kid is 18 ffs. If we go for him, dont write him off just cos he hasnt cost £30M. Perhaps there should be an idiot test for NSC?

I'm not sure a single poster has 'written him off', and certainly nobody has called him 'a flop'. He's done brilliantly for his age, but in the opinion of many, we need more than just potential. If there was an 'idiot test' on NSC, and comprehension formed a part of it, you'd fail, I'm afraid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't disagree, just pointing out he's clearly not as crap as some have implied. The fact that he's the probably the best player from the best academy team in the country shouldn't be overlooked.

We already have ALL of the players, from the third best academy side in the country to choose from, if we want back up players with potential.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
I'm not sure a single poster has 'written him off', and certainly nobody has called him 'a flop'. He's done brilliantly for his age, but in the opinion of many, we need more than just potential. If there was an 'idiot test' on NSC, and comprehension formed a part of it, you'd fail, I'm afraid.

:bowdown:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If he's 18 years old, he'd be yet another 'one for the future', loaned out to some lower league club, and never heard of again until he's 'released' in May 2021.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Damn. So close. Clearly 3 matches is enough to definitively judge an 18 year old prospect.

No silly the state of this actual thread.

Young Master Bogle will assume we don't want him due to the half arsed why he's being sold to us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
CH simply wasn't prepared to try out the youth at his disposal.

Its self evident that Hughton largely avoided picking u23 players during his stint - but unprepared to play young players ? Hughton was happy to play Tomori when he was 19, March when he was 20, Nathan Redmond when he was 19 at Norwich in 2013/14 and 17 when he was coaching Birmingham.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Its self evident that Hughton largely avoided picking u23 players during his stint - but unprepared to play young players ? Hughton was happy to play Tomori when he was 19, March when he was 20, Nathan Redmond when he was 19 at Norwich in 2013/14 and 17 when he was coaching Birmingham.
That's three players in 5 seasons. CH is a legend but he blatantlyisn't that interested in bringing through younger players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here