Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugger chaps can drink on the external AMEX concourse

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was always the case that fans could watch the rugby at the stadium while drinking beer.

No idea what you got the alternate idea from, aside from the misguided OP.

Yep, I've watched my mate play for Saracens at Loftus Road, Vicarage Lane and Adams Park all with beer in my hand.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It was always the case that fans could watch the rugby at the stadium while drinking beer.

No idea what you got the alternate idea from, aside from the misguided OP.

Misguided op??
Just stating rugby fans are allowed to drink beer in their seats while football fans aren't, what's misguded about that

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That is pathetic...you can drink at the madjeski in your seats.

Brighton being precious again! Be interesting if this is the same for the World Cup!

No...only when football is on. It is a football law.

So how do, London irish, wasps, twickenham, Ricoh stadium, millennium stadium, Oxford stadium, murrayfield et egg get away with it then? Are they all breaking the law...someone should be told.

:facepalm: nothing like jumping to the wrong conclusion based on a obscure opening post

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Misguided op??
Just stating rugby fans are allowed to drink beer in their seats while football fans aren't, what's misguded about that

To be fair, it did seem a little bit that you were talking about rugby at Wembley or the Amex.
I did realise after a few seconds that you were probably talking about football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We should be allowed to drink in our seats.

But we all know a tiny minority of nimrods, at all grounds, will go spastic mentals and all hell will break loose after 10 pints of pi$$ weak lager.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Drinking beer in your seats is all well and good, and in the overall scheme of things I'm in favour, but having watched lots of sporting events in the States, it's a pain when the whole row has to continually get up,and down to let people in/out to go and get their beer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just look at this joker.

CAkg99gWsAAQYuw.jpg:large

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Att: 12,615

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
James Chisholm is the Sky MOM

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Football is tribal, we all know it.

To be honest, I'm glad they don't let beer in our seats.

Imagine if someone spilt Harveys over you and you stank of that on the way home? How embarrassing.

Now, if it was a decent beer that would be acceptable.

We all thought you smelt like that because someone had spilt Harveys on you.

How embarrassing.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
At the pre season friendly at Lewes fans were not allowed to drink in view of the pitch. We were told that because the game was advertised as Lewes vs BHA as opposed to Lewes vs a BHA XI, it had to abide by FL rules and they had to ensure that they did not allow fans to drink and watch the game. This meant that, although the bar was open, you couldn't take drink out of the clubhouse and they taped up blinds so you couldn't look out of the windows while the game was on. Some of my mates stayed in the bar for the duration, not knowing that it was going to be the only time we would put five past anyone with Sami in charge.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At the pre season friendly at Lewes fans were not allowed to drink in view of the pitch. We were told that because the game was advertised as Lewes vs BHA as opposed to Lewes vs a BHA XI, it had to abide by FL rules and they had to ensure that they did not allow fans to drink and watch the game. This meant that, although the bar was open, you couldn't take drink out of the clubhouse and they taped up blinds so you couldn't look out of the windows while the game was on. Some of my mates stayed in the bar for the duration, not knowing that it was going to be the only time we would put five past anyone with Sami in charge.

The directors dining room has blinds at the Amex so they can carry on drinking during the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here