Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup Bets

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I always have a little moment to myself [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION] when that restriction kicks in for the first time. My personal favourite was racebets - I lasted 2 bets. What is the point?

Make me laugh all these offers they keep shouting about to get customers to open new accounts - so they can shut them down the next week!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
My lifetime Rugby betting win % is 100% after today. Had Fiji +25 and Ireland -40 at 4/1 which came in.

any suggestions on the next one welcomed.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Any tips for Samoa vs USA? I'm going and a bet always makes it a bit more interesting.

O/T - had a tenner on West Ham to beat City at 10-1 :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Samoa should win by 17 points according to the bookies. I think that's about fair. If Manoa plays well it could be closer, he's a beast.
17 points? Not for me Clive. The USA are another formerly crap but now under-rated side. I think this one will be close. I haven't checked the odds but suspect the value is with a punt on the Americans. But if not, I'd be tempted to go for a punt on total tries here. I need to check the odds...

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
England v Fiji over 6 tries at 4/5 looks a decent punt.
Look at the scores every time England have played at home to Fiji: http://www.rugbydata.com/england/fiji/gamesplayed/
England might well put 7 tries on the board of their own, and Fiji always score tries and like to run with the ball.

Also back Japan+43.5 v South Africa at evens.
Don't write off the Japanese - they will lose, but it will be by a score far closer than 44 points - Japan are investing heavily in rugby in preparation for hosting the World Cup in 2019, and are a decent side in their own right - broadly similar in standard to Scotland, Samoa, Tonga and Italy (who they are above in the world rankings).

Also, keep an eye out for some World Cup price boosts - most of the big firms are at it. Personally, I took BetFred's 6/1 (7.0) price boost yesterday on England winning the tournament and then locked in a profit by laying that on Betfair at 5.8. :)

Based purely on the info contained in this post, I put a fiver on SA/Japan straight forecast at 66/1.... now into 8/1...so thanks for that!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Rugger is at the bottom of the pile of my expertise, HOWEVER with Scotland @ 1 place LOWER in the World Rankings than Japan and loser of ALL 5 Six Nations matches can someone tell me why they are a nailed on certainty price 1/10 and the fired up Japan team are 6/1 (& 16 point) underdogs

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
Rugger is at the bottom of the pile of my expertise, HOWEVER with Scotland @ 1 place LOWER in the World Rankings than Japan and loser of ALL 5 Six Nations matches can someone tell me why they are a nailed on certainty price 1/10 and the fired up Japan team are 6/1 (& 16 point) underdogs

Japans win must of been a fluke, lack of depth, fitness, Scotland have a nicer jersey, home advantage ect

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Japans win must of been a fluke, lack of depth, fitness, Scotland have a nicer jersey, home advantage ect
Scotland are actually not such a bad side. The last game in the 6 nations saw them lose in Paris by just 3 points, and in a recent warm up match, they absolutely annihilated Italy 48-7. As for Japan, they are capable of beating Scotland if they play like they did on Saturday - but that is still quite a big ask. They have made six changes for the Scotland game, some forced, some tactical.

Personally, I think Scotland will win by around 12-15 points, sadly. But really, predicting that one feels like a lottery if you're looking for value, so I'm out.

I'm having a reasonable time of my rugby punts so if anyone is interested, I reckon the value is with Georgia+23 against Argentina at 10/11 with Bet365.

I think Argentina will win this as they are a very good side (don't put your mortgage on them losing to Ireland, England or France later in the tournament), but 23 is a very generous handicap in a game between two teams not noted for try-scoring, running rugby. Georgia will be massively fired up for this one, which they will see as their must-win but very real chance of reaching the last 8. This is also the sort of result they will need to put more pressure on the powers that be for them to join the 6 nations in the coming years. So I fancy Argentina to win something like 21-10, well within the handicap.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Scotland are actually not such a bad side. The last game in the 6 nations saw them lose in Paris by just 3 points, and in a recent warm up match, they absolutely annihilated Italy 48-7. As for Japan, they are capable of beating Scotland if they play like they did on Saturday - but that is still quite a big ask. They have made six changes for the Scotland game, some forced, some tactical.

Personally, I think Scotland will win by around 12-15 points, sadly. But really, predicting that one feels like a lottery if you're looking for value, so I'm out.

I'm having a reasonable time of my rugby punts so if anyone is interested, I reckon the value is with Georgia+23 against Argentina at 10/11 with Bet365.

I think Argentina will win this as they are a very good side (don't put your mortgage on them losing to Ireland, England or France later in the tournament), but 23 is a very generous handicap in a game between two teams not noted for try-scoring, running rugby. Georgia will be massively fired up for this one, which they will see as their must-win but very real chance of reaching the last 8. This is also the sort of result they will need to put more pressure on the powers that be for them to join the 6 nations in the coming years. So I fancy Argentina to win something like 21-10, well within the handicap.

Agreed. +23 is excellent value. Japan +17 against the Scots at 10/11 also good value IMO.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. +23 is excellent value. Japan +17 against the Scots at 10/11 also good value IMO.

Obviously I don't agree Japan+17 is good value (it's just too unpredictable for me), but I am really looking forward to Japan v Scotland this afternoon. I'm going to have a sniff around all the rugby bets today and look for some value.

Anyone got any decent tips for:

Japan v Scotland
Australia v Fiji
France v Romania

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Can someone clarify these +/- bets?

Eg, If I do Japan +15 at 10/1 (made up odds!), does that mean Japan have to win by 15 or more points, for bet to win?

Or is this 15 taken OFF the points actually scored..?

They are added to the Japan points. So if you bet on Japan +15 points at 10/1, and the final score is Scotland 20 Japan 10, then your bet is a winner as you add the 15 to 10.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I know nothing about rugby betting but Japan +43 was an inspired bit of advice. On that basis, I am backing Japan to win at 6/1 as Scotland must be bad as they are only good at curling. My worry is that 4 days to recover from a rugby international is not long enough, especially as the jocks have not played yet. 6/1 just seems to big to ignore but it is a guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here