Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby (Union) World Cup Official Thread

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are no neutrals - supporters of the other tier 1 nations all dislike England. You should have seen the French, Aussies and Scots near me on Sunday roaring on Fiji like their lives depended on it. The Aussies were jumping around hugging each other like they’d just found out they weren’t related to David Warner after all 😆
Aussies tier 1 ????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It has been announced that it will be the same Springbok lineup as the French game, poor old England...
Yes we will probably lose, but I disagree that we don’t have at least half a chance.

The game is littered with such examples of unexpected results and performances (think of us beating NZ in the semis last time, or losing as favourites in the final). The Boks have gone through 3 brutal games so far and to play at that level every time is not a given. The game can change on a refereeing decision or an injury or the bounce of a ball. They lost one game already and weren’t that far off losing against France too.

Honestly I do think it’s probably a step too far for England to win, but I am not going there on Saturday without at least a little bit of hope! I was listening to Matt Dawson this morning, his views were pretty similar.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Are the rest of the home nations still crying that it's only England that are left from 6 nations teams?
They are! I said to a couple that I hoped they’d be supporting the only northern hemisphere team left in the tournament and got told they wanted the All Blacks to win. Very strange….. 🤫

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Such a poor spectacle compared to last weekend, can only see one winner here

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So many people have gone on about the draw and I can't decide if they're right. For me it's produced some genuinely interesting group games (Ireland v SA the pick of the bunch, Scotland disintegrating the funniest) and four brilliant quarter finals. It will also likely produce the two most one sided semis in history before a decent final.

I'd take that in a football tournament.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Attachments

• IMG-20231017-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20231017-WA0003.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 30

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here