[Other Sport] Rugby (Union) World Cup Official Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
South Africa and NZ to put their second teams out in the semis to keep their first choice XVs fit for the final then.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ireland must be gutted, they beat SA earlier in the tournament, and I thought they should have beaten the All Blacks last night.
Can't belive the draw that a poor England team have got and will probably win it now :D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A game that was in the balance from the first second to the last. Two teams at the peak of their powers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Amusing? It's f*cking hilarious! We're going to get butchered by South Africa next weekend though.
I’m glad we aren’t playing the French. If they’d cut loose on us it could have been a record victory for a semi final. Saffers will wear us out and grind us down first.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ll be amazed if it isn’t an All Black v Saffers final.
I genuinely think this is a free hit for England.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think this England team is anywhere near the worst in terms of ability, but I think Borthwick is an awful Head Coach.
Genge, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Lawes, Earl, Farrell, Tuilagi, May, Daly, Smith have ability and will fight. Indeed, Borthwick could pick virtually the same team as beat New Zealand 4 years ago, apart from Anthkjy Watson. I would not write them off.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To think that Kolbe's charge down of the French conversion attempt could well have saved those 2 points.

Clearly there was a lot afterwards and it's never just won or lost on one moment, but still...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think this England team is anywhere near the worst in terms of ability, but I think Borthwick is an awful Head Coach.
Genge, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Lawes, Earl, Farrell, Tuilagi, May, Daly, Smith have ability and will fight. Indeed, Borthwick could pick virtually the same team as beat New Zealand 4 years ago, apart from Anthkjy Watson. I would not write them off.
I would.

We are absolute gubbins.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Enjoyed it today, grafted out a win. We are the only undefeated side left in the tournament! I even got chance to meet Itoje and Farrell after the game as they were checking out of the hotel.

I have seen us lose 3/3 to the Saffers in World Cups, including 2 finals. Chance for revenge (especially as I had to move out of my hotel in the south so they could block book it - bast*rds!)

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Have any head to head contacts been given as a red apart from curry and the bloke who smashed du pont? Today’s was far worse than Curry’s as far smaller mitigation. I would love to know why curry’s was viewed as worse.

Saffers got very lucky. I rewound the “clever” block from a pass at 7-0 France but actually it was a very clear deliberate knock on. This probably would have been a penalty try and a yellow. Instead they went straight down the other end and scored. It is silly tmo could not get invovled on that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports