Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby (Union) World Cup Official Thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This game is a great watch. These two, along with Ireland and NZ are just on another level to the rest of the world.

Two incredible rugby matches that should have been semis.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And there was me thinking the Ireland v New Zealand game last night couldn't be topped in terms of quality.

What a spectacle this is.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I quite like watching South Africa as they do the basics very well and their backs are so full of pace, but DuPont is just insanely creative.
I meant in terms of peronality. Been to a few England Internationals at Twickenham over the past 30 years and the SA fans were by far the biggest bunch of wankers.

The French have been, traditionally, the most flair team in world rugby running in tries from all over the pitch, less so in the modern professional game though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Everything they do they seem to have so much time

The only hope England have is to spoil and win pens.
England’s only hope is that this game takes so much out of the winners that they can’t raise their game again. South Africa themselves had quite a nice route to the final 4 years ago in comparison to England, who’d beaten Australia and New Zealand in the previous rounds, and it definitely helped them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really hope that bunker decision stays as a yellow. Seems enough for an entirely non-deliberate clash of heads.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Everything they do they seem to have so much time

The only hope England have is to spoil and win pens.
Therein lies the problem..
Sport, essentially is entertainment, but the only way we'll win against either is to spoil the game and win by scrappy penalties.
I'd sooner watch a Kiwi v Entertainer final.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully Etzebeths yellow will stay yellow so this contest stays even and high octane.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That passage of play showed why both teams are streets ahead of the likes of England. Lovely blind side run and kick, outstanding SA defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here