[Other Sport] Rugby (Union) World Cup Official Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Feck me I know he's been on a bike ride and visiting Muzza's barber but Jimmy 'I love you Rachel Bradley' Nesbitt appears as if he has been enjoying the hospitality to some considerable extent

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a try that was: the speed of thought and the slickness of the handling were just brilliant

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone think that England and Wales will jolly their way to the semi finals just to become the lion's impalas for the top half of the draw ?

Ireland cruised past Scotland who have beaten England in the last three Six Nations. We really are in a state at the moment.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
The day you see old man Dan Cole in the starting line up for England you can see what an awful team and coach we have.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tournament starts next weekend, finally gets interesting.

Can’t believe it’s been a whole month already of going through the motions…

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Anyone think that England and Wales will jolly their way to the semi finals just to become the lion's impalas for the top half of the draw ?

Ireland cruised past Scotland who have beaten England in the last three Six Nations. We really are in a state at the moment.
This was always going to happen when the draw came out. If they didn't mess it up on the way.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Unlucky for the Irish their superb performance is a daunting fixture against the mighty All Blacks. Should be one hell of a game but can only see one winner (and want to see one winner too who play rugby the right way). I can see England getting beaten.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Luck of the draw, but Wales and England will get to the semis and consider the absolute state of the national teams and game in general in both those countries and two from Ireland, France, New Zealand and South Africa won't.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The day you see old man Dan Cole in the starting line up for England you can see what an awful team and coach we have.
To be fair he has been in good form. Although the Borthwick connection may help..

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Luck of the draw, but Wales and England will get to the semis and consider the absolute state of the national teams and game in general in both those countries and two from Ireland, France, New Zealand and South Africa won't.
The draw was made back in 2020. I took a look at the rankings in October 2022 and all four of the nations you mention were at the top and would have avoided each other.

The same happened in 2015 when England, Wales and Australia ended up in the same group. Eddie Jones was Japan coach at the time and said it was a travesty that England had gone out and also pointed out that pre-tournament rankings suggested they were three of best nations.

It really needs looking at. England and Wales cruising to the semi-final over two from the top half is just silly. That said, nothing is a given at the business end and we shouldn't underestimate Fiji or Argentina. I'm looking forward to next week.

I love rugby over tribal affiliation and if Fiji play a good game then the best of luck to them.

Last edited:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting that the four Six Nations teams are all favourites for the Quarter Finals. An Ireland victory over New Zealand would be quite something. But if any nation aside of France can do it, it's them.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Interesting that the four Six Nations teams are all favourites for the Quarter Finals. An Ireland victory over New Zealand would be quite something. But if any nation aside of France can do it, it's them.
NZ have really hit their straps after a wobbly first week against France (although that fame they left plenty of points out there). I think the shock and awe of the All Blacks in full flow will be too much for a brave Ireland, although it should be one helluva game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports