Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby (Union) World Cup Official Thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure I read somewhere there was a possibility Georgia might replace Italy in the 6 Nations, is that true

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It says lot about Eddie Jones that Australia are the only team not to have given Wales a proper game

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lovely old school fracas during the 2nd half

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The TMO overrules a try after the game had carried on (the conversion had been taken). Yet again Rugby show football how to use technology.
It’s not necessarily the technology that is the problem but the laws of the game (and the idiots using it).

Rugby changed theirs so they could go back and review a decision up until the kick off happens again. Previously the conversion being taken would have been considered a restart and they wouldn’t have been able to change their ruling to give the try.

The problem is football only allows a ref to change a decision up until the game restarts. With no conversions or other natural delays in football it’s very difficult to change that rule, and if you do how far do you allow the game to carry on before you are unable to change the decision again.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Samoa population 300,000 ish outplaying England population 50 million ish.
Pathetic.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So, rugby fan chums; how come we’ve got the clearly useless Borthwick as coach while Ireland will probably be coached to win the whole thing by Owen Farrell’s actual dad?
France also have Shaun Edwards who seems to have wanted to coach England for last decade

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
So, rugby fan chums; how come we’ve got the clearly useless Borthwick as coach while Ireland will probably be coached to win the whole thing by Owen Farrell’s actual dad?
If you had ever seen Andy Farrell playing you would not have asked that.

One of the legendary Wigan RL team, I could reel off the players they had but suffice it to say they wiped the floor with the top RU Sides at the Middlesex Sevens back in the day. As did St. Helens a couple of years later. :thumbsup:

Actually I am going to reel off the lineup: Shaun Edwards, Henry Paul, Scott Quinnell, Andy Farrell, Jason Robinson, Martin Offiah, Vaigia Tuigamala, suck on that!

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
France also have Shaun Edwards who seems to have wanted to coach England for last decade
True. Depressingly true. Unfortunately Shaun Edwards' rugby league roots have probably counted against him, in the stiff upper lip realms of the RFU.

The French have benefitted from the RFU's reluctance to appoint Edwards, in some capacity.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Awful performance from England and capped by Farrel being OUT OF TIME for an easy penalty
30 seconds from placing the ball and with all his experience he screwed up.
Then terrible pass. Needs to be dropped forever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you had ever seen Andy Farrell playing you would not have asked that.

One of the legendary Wigan RL team, I could reel off the players they had but suffice it to say they wiped the floor with the top RU Sides at the Middlesex Sevens back in the day. As did St. Helens a couple of years later. :thumbsup:

Actually I am going to reel off the lineup: Shaun Edwards, Henry Paul, Scott Quinnell, Andy Farrell, Jason Robinson, Martin Offiah, Vaigia Tuigamala, suck on that!
No, you misunderstood. To my novice eyes Ireland clearly have the better coach. I’m asking how an Englishman with his son in the team isn’t coaching England?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No, you misunderstood. To my novice eyes Ireland clearly have the better coach. I’m asking how an Englishman with his son in the team isn’t coaching England?
RFU is to blame.
Old public school fogies.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's definitely a missed opportunity to date.

With #1 Ireland now regularly beating the All Blacks and handling the Boks' physicality, Farrell's been instrumental in that success.

Unfinished business here for sure with Farrell and England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here