Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby (Union) World Cup Official Thread

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
France got the job done tonight. Problem for them might be trying to maintain that level going into the knockout round, after playing three relatively easy opponents, over the next few weeks.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
France are peaking at the right time and at home
They will win this tournament at a canter

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think the Boks might have something to say about that.
Sadly I think that they will steamroller every team. Wimbledon of rugby. I’d change the habits of a lifetime and support Wales against them If they meet.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is it me, or are the Aussie shirts much more orange than usual?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yellow card for England inside 3 minutes. Could be upgraded to red....and now red.

Not a great start.

Now 14 a side within 9 minutes as Argentina get a yellow, possible red. Edit - no red.

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
England yellow upgraded to red. Not watched Rugby for a while and it seemed a bit harsh, but if they are trying to cut out blows to the head then fair enough. Think the Argie one was less accidental but we will see if that is upgraded too.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Playing England who are down to 14 after two minutes and then your best player puts in a total unnecessary late tackle, bound to be upgraded. They're not bright rugby players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Corrupt SA TMO.

Fuming, Curry had no way of avoiding that head contact and the Argie knew exactly what he was doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here