Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby League World Cup Official Thread

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Second only to the football world cup in global sporting prestige this year. Promises to be an epic tournament. Hosts England's men team face a titanic battle at St James Park this afternoon against the mighty Samoa. They will need all 52,000 in the packed audience roaring them on if they are to start the tournament with victory on their road to sporting immortality.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Very good performance England.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Great performance from England against a very much fancied Samoan side who played quite poorly, they made far too many handling errors. England really turned up the heat once they'd had a player sent to the sin-bin. Tougher tests ahead but the draw has been kind and England can't face New Zealand or Australia until the final.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A quite superb performance from England, we gave Samoa the besting they deserved. Dark horses for the tournament?? It would be great to end 55 years of hurt and be lifting that famous old trophy in 4 weeks time.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
I’m not a rugby fan and don’t really have a clue about the game but me and my boys really enjoyed that today.

Is it just me or is Rugby League much, much better than Rugby Union?!
No, not just you...

Three more games live on the BBC today.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’m not a rugby fan and don’t really have a clue about the game but me and my boys really enjoyed that today.

Is it just me or is Rugby League much, much better than Rugby Union?!
Leagues ok, but the World Cup is pretty pointless.

From a brief look Tonga etc are basically Australias reserves

Least with Union 5/6 sides have a chance of winning it as well.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I watched the women's rugby union match France vs England yesterday. That was quite a good match.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not a fan myself but had a look at ticket prices. Found face value tickets for Wales v Cook Islands and £35 (have a look online) seems a lot it's a Tuesday night fixture (?) maybe i am wrong but for me that's not a price for promoting the competition.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not a fan myself but had a look at ticket prices. Found face value tickets for Wales v Cook Islands and £35 (have a look online) seems a lot it's a Tuesday night fixture (?) maybe i am wrong but for me that's not a price for promoting the competition.
Just switched over from the football during half time. Can't believe this is world cup fixture judging by the almost empty stadium.
Second only to the football world cup in global sporting prestige this year. Promises to be an epic tournament. Hosts England's men team face a titanic battle at St James Park this afternoon against the mighty Samoa. They will need all 52,000 in the packed audience roaring them on if they are to start the tournament with victory on their road to sporting immortality.
Tongue in cheek I'm guessing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
France Men v Greece Men in Doncaster tonight should be a good watch. Greece is widely anticipated to be a future hotbed of the game and it will be good to see their progress, both sides will think if they can win tonight they could give Samoa a real game in the quest for what is likely to be a runners up spot behind England.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did I miss the sweepstake draw?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here