Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben Loftus-Cheek......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Erm... Aren't BHA indebted to Mr Bloom for around £100million...? What is that any different...? The mindset is different these days... AFCB are a possible goldmine to any potential investor, as is the case with all PL clubs, if managed well...

Our owner bought us as a Lg1 club for under £10 million pounds... To date he's had circa £250 million come into the club. He sold 25% of his share and completely de-risked his initial investment... Why the f*ck would he walk away from us...?

You 'walk away' from lower league clubs that are costing you money, and demand your investment back... You SELL PL clubs for as much profit as possible...

The difference is that if the owner is a genuine fan, they will not walk away and cash in if the club gets relegated. Bournemouth have plenty of money in the bank. The important thing to know is how much of that could disappear with the owner if their bubble bursts.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Does Puncheon not play wide ?

Loftus-Cheek and Cabeye Central .... I hope the 3rd one central does not mind working a lot... !

Punch hasn't been out wide for a while now, he now plays Attacking Central Midfield.

The player who will be in the defensive midfield role will be Luka Milivojevic, a player we signed in January and who has proven to be a class act in the middle of the park.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Punch hasn't been out wide for a while now, he now plays Attacking Central Midfield.

The player who will be in the defensive midfield role will be Luka Milovojevic, a player we signed in January and who has proven to be a class act in the middle of the park.

Lets hope he's fit then. He will need to be with those 2 in front of him.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
Lets hope he's fit then. He will need to be with those 2 in front of him.

Cabaye can put his foot in and RLC is hardly an all out attacking midfielder either. Our midfield looks very strong now, absolutely delighted with this signing.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Cabaye can put his foot in and RLC is hardly an all out attacking midfielder either. Our midfield looks very strong now, absolutely delighted with this signing.

You keep telling yourself that...very good players yes... but both have soft centre for me though.

I would also be a tad concerned with FDB possesion football, it just does not suit your counter attacking players, the last time you did this it did not end well.

We shall see.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
You keep telling yourself that...very good players yes... but both have soft centre for me though.

I would also be a tad concerned with FDB possesion football, it just does not suit your counter attacking players, the last time you did this it did not end well.

We shall see.

I'd be more concerned with a midfield 3 of Stephen's, Kayal and Gross if I were you but each to there own.

Fair point about FDB though, no one knows how it's going to go but I don't think he will be trying to turn us into Barca overnight, he's already acknowledged that he realises some of our best football in the last year has been played on the counter attack.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'd be more concerned with a midfield 3 of Stephen's, Kayal and Gross if I were you but each to there own.

Fair point about FDB though, no one knows how it's going to go but I don't think he will be trying to turn us into Barca overnight, he's already acknowledged that he realises some of our best football in the last year has been played on the counter attack.

I reckon there are about 13 teams in the Premier League planning to play counter-attacking football next year (including us)! Could make for some extremely exciting, or very dull, games depending on who's playing who.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

We are at a very different stage to you though, with very different targets for the season, I suspect one more will come in centrally for us.

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
I reckon there are about 13 teams in the Premier League planning to play counter-attacking football next year (including us)! Could make for some extremely exciting, or very dull, games depending on who's playing who.

Obviously going on a be a big transition for yourselves as you have in recent season's, been used to having a lot of the ball and playing a 4-4-2. Be very interesting to see how you do. At the moment your squad looks out of its depth but you still have a lot of time to strengthen. 2 new full backs and a striker are an absolute must need for you IMO.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yeah, it must be an absolute nightmare playing along side players like Cabaye, Benteke and Zaha, being managed by one of the great footballer's of modern times and being backed by one of the most passionate fanbases in the Premier League...

proven relegation battlers recent years.
manager we will see - heard before
passionate fanbases lol (wheres that pic of empty selhurst from last season around the 70 min mark)

a few Tottenham ulras doesn't equate to your claim

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Obviously going on a be a big transition for yourselves as you have in recent season's, been used to having a lot of the ball and playing a 4-4-2. Be very interesting to see how you do. At the moment your squad looks out of its depth but you still have a lot of time to strengthen. 2 new full backs and a striker are an absolute must need for you IMO.

Massive transition for us. We have been used to controlling games over the past couple seasons whilst quite often being out numbered in the middle of the park. Baldock always put a shift in though without the ball which is why we could do it.
In terms of the squad we will need improvements to it for sure. The thing is you never know who will step up and who won't make the grade until they play a few games at that level. I think there will be players in our squad who may surprise a few and also players who we think will do well who for whatever reason never make the step up.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Massive transition for us. We have been used to controlling games over the past couple seasons whilst quite often being out numbered in the middle of the park. Baldock always put a shift in though without the ball which is why we could do it.
In terms of the squad we will need improvements to it for sure. The thing is you never know who will step up and who won't make the grade until they play a few games at that level. I think there will be players in our squad who may surprise a few and also players who we think will do well who for whatever reason never make the step up.

We are very much a counter attacking team, I think people assume that as we were a top end side that we must dominate the ball, which really is not true at all.

We have been very happy to hand possesion over at times even to weaker sides, sit in being very organised and then hit on the counter, this season ofcourse we wont be handing it over, we just wont have it.

Equally though that is the way we will work best for us, well i hope anyway.

A pacy striker and winger will help with this greatly.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yeah, it must be an absolute nightmare playing along side players like Cabaye, Benteke and Zaha, being managed by one of the great footballer's of modern times and being backed by one of the most passionate fanbases in the Premier League...

Yeah, it must be a dream come true to leave the Champions and sign for a club populated by players unable to cut it at big clubs (Cabaye at PSG, Benteke at Liverpool and Zaha at Man utd), to be managed by a manager who lasted less than three months in his last job(when managing in a competitive league for the first time-winning the dutch league with Ajax isn't that impressive when Steve ****ing McClaren managed it with Twente) and playing in a shithole in front of a bunch of ****wits dressed in black who would rather be watching Spurs and think they're passionate because they copy videos off youtube.

I bet he thinks he's made it now.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We are very much a counter attacking team, I think people assume that as we were a top end side that we musty dominate the ball, which really is not true at all.

We have been very happy to hand possesion over at times even to weaker sides, sit in being very organised and then hit on the counter, this season ofcourse we wont be handing it over, we just wont have it.

Equally though that is the way we will work best for us, well i hope anyway.

A pacy striker and winger will help with this greatly.

Was about to post something very similar. Amazing how we didn't really dominate possession in many games last season yet still should have won the league.

I think Chris Hughton will be using all his tactical acumen next season to get the points required to stay up. I can't see us being gung-ho in many games, even at home.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

The biggest Myth in football.... Led by a Spurs fan! you couldn't make it up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here