Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ruben Loftus-Cheek

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Imagine a midfield trio of Kayal, Stephens & Loftus-Cheek... If he does leave Chelsea in January I'd imagine it would be to a Premier League side, but if we're still up there who knows? Great facilities, close to London and a decent style of football, which I'm sure he'd fit in to very well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Imagine a midfield trio of Kayal, Stephens & Loftus-Cheek... If he does leave Chelsea in January I'd imagine it would be to a Premier League side, but if we're still up there who knows? Great facilities, close to London and a decent style of football, which I'm sure he'd fit in to very well.

I can't see him leaving Chelsea permanantly in January, the way they are playing at the moment, they may need him themselves.

More chance of something happening loan wise perhaps.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I can't see him leaving Chelsea permanantly in January, the way they are playing at the moment, they may need him themselves.

More chance of something happening loan wise perhaps.

Yeah, I was referring to him leaving on loan, can't imagine Chelsea selling him without a very low buy-back clause or a stupid fee.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He looks a real prospect, but if you were CH would you hinge your Premiership promotion on an untried albeit potentially impressive youngster.

I note that his own club have chosen not use him for themselves.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Danny Higginbotham was on Talksport a while back and he was very astute in his observations of how football has changed in relation to this. He cited his development and how, at Utd, the young players were in awe of the senior players and would listen to them at any chance. This contrasts with the modern experience and he even commented on his own experience of being a senior player at a club and having younger players (those just breaking through) thinking they owned the place.

I seem to recall Tank making a thinly veiled dig in the direction of Joel Lynch to that effect when he first broke through. His (Lynch's) attitude has served him well!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well we play more then two in midfield!, either Kayal or Stephens could drop back if necessary, plus I believe Loftus-Cheek can play out wide too.

He would give us more options that's for sure.
Yep, best possible us of a loanee - get one in to mess up the balance of the team!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
McCeachran and Chalobah looked like world beaters and now I haven't a clue where they are

Chalobahs out on a season long loan at Napoli and isn't doing terribly well. Just one appearance that lasted 5 minutes in the Europa League to his name.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The one position we really don't need any more players is central midfield, especially when the player coming in is unproven, would have big wages and would have no guarantee of improving us.

With the position we're in, if you're going to bring a player in on loan, it's someone that you're 90% sure will improve you, who is financially viable and preferably someone who offers you something you don't already have i.e. a number 10 or a very consistent goalscorer for our level.

RLC offers none of that - I genuinely can't think of a logical reason we'd bring him in other than to feed the hype machine.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, he does seem to be highly rated. The Independent suggested that Chelsea offered him an £18k/ week deal on his 17th birthday, or £34k/wk if you count bonuses :ohmy:

Andreas Christensen, one of their youth teamers I've never heard of, is supposedly on £20k/wk. Josh McEachran (remember him??) was on £38k per week despite being out on loan to half the teams in the Championship at various points. No idea where he is now, but he certainly doesn't appear to have made it at Chelsea.

Andreas Christensen is on loan at Borussia Mönchengladbach, he played against Man City in the Champions League and looked ok but nothing special. A little bit Loftus-Cheek, just an ordinary young player who will need to leave there in order to fulfil his alleged potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here