Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rubbish tracks on otherwise brilliant albums

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
It Ain't Easy on Ziggy Stardust. Just doesn't fit the album, bizarre choice. Not as if Bowie was actually short of quality material at the time....

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Across the Universe on Young Americans. Bowie coked out of his head wailing blessed out Beatles track. Not necessary.

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
At 1st glance it does seem a pointless track but if you listen to the lyrics and try to interpret them they are quite deep....or you can save your brain power and do what I did and go to song meanings......the 1st comment makes a lot if sense to me. OK computer is a fantastic album but it was the last one before they moved in a different direction with their music.

http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/558/

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
But the piss stench hallways and broken down lifts
Say the planners dream went wrong

Beautifully sums up the 60/70's high rise nightmares. Who else has ever done it so brutally well?

The lyrics are sound enough if a little clumsy at times whereas the music is all over the shop. Weller admitted to as much.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I reckon REM 'Document' could do without 'Fireplace' and it's 'why are you bothering with this ?' horn section.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
'The Girl Is Mine' - Michael Jackson (featuring Paul McCartney)
Thriller

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Maxwell's Silver Hammer on Abbey Road on Abbey Road I find repellant - awful anvil percussion and not even any meaningful message. truly horrid. I also tend to skip Octopus' Garden although that has the excuse of being a fun and jaunty country style kids song.
Don't get me wrong I'm no fashionable-on-here Macca hater but MSH is bad.
To counter you could always point to Run for your Life off Rubber Soul but at least John apologised for that with Jealous Guy (and apart from the worst lyrics ever is great).

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
"Best of the Bonzos" a double album issued in the early 1970's for the legendary Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band features a horribly morbid track (whose name escapes me) featuring someone just morbidly laughing, it's the last track on one side.

Some other stuff is also a bit irrelevant and certainly not the "Best Of" but the iconic track "Death Cab For Cutie" doesn't feature at all.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'You're gonna make me lonesome when you go' always grates with me when I listen to 'Blood On The Tracks' on vinyl. I know it's there for a reason and it's not a truly rubbish track, I just wish it was n a different album.

Albion Pearl Jammer

Jan 4, 2015
Eastbourne
Bloody hell where did you come from? I worship Pearl Jam btw.

Hi Notters, I have also been a fan for over 20 years. Your comments concern me a little tho, why should it matter who likes them more? I just offered a comment without knowing how big a fan you were, and why should it matter ' where I came from ' or are there things I'm not supposed to say on a public forum as a new member?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hi Notters, I have also been a fan for over 20 years. Your comments concern me a little tho, why should it matter who likes them more? I just offered a comment without knowing how big a fan you were, and why should it matter ' where I came from ' or are there things I'm not supposed to say on a public forum as a new member?

I didn't mean literally where did you come from, I was just surprised and pleased that there was someone with your name :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here