Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rubbish tracks on otherwise brilliant albums

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not massively fond of Jesus Children of America on Stevie Wonder's otherwise excellent Innervisions. Other than that I'm 100% with [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] on "Don't Stop".

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I always struggle with Moby Dick on Led Zep II. Great technical drumming without doubt, but too much for me.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Maxwell's Silver Hammer on Abbey Road on Abbey Road I find repellant - awful anvil percussion and not even any meaningful message. truly horrid. I also tend to skip Octopus' Garden although that has the excuse of being a fun and jaunty country style kids song.
Don't get me wrong I'm no fashionable-on-here Macca hater but MSH is bad.
To counter you could always point to Run for your Life off Rubber Soul but at least John apologised for that with Jealous Guy (and apart from the worst lyrics ever is great).

The token 'Ringo on vocals' tracks usually taint otherwise superb Fabs albums... 'What goes on', 'Yellow submarine' and 'Don't pass me by' immediately spring to mind...in a similar vein Davy Jones at his most annoying ('Cuddly Toy') spoils 'Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd', a much under-rated classic Monkees album!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Many people cite The Queen Is Dead as the best Smiths album. Got a couple of tracks on it - Never Had No One Ever and Some Girls that although not rubbish are not up there with the rest of the album.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Many people cite The Queen Is Dead as the best Smiths album. Got a couple of tracks on it - Never Had No One Ever and Some Girls that although not rubbish are not up there with the rest of the album.

I'll give you the former, but I love the atmosphere of the latter - one of my favourites on the album.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'll give you the former, but I love the atmosphere of the latter - one of my favourites on the album.

Lyrics to Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others are better than the tune. But it's a six out of ten type of track for me where as the rest of the album is around a nine.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Easy, Month of May on The Suburbs. It's so out of place on this beautifully emotive album, a terrible Springsteen effort in the middle was not needed, it should have been a post or pre LP single.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here